Silverado Expedition Truck

ellevehc86

Hi everybody! So I just lurk a lot, but I have been meaning to post for about two years. I need to thank everyone for all the great posts that help me to build my truck. I spent a lot of time researching on this site. So, I figured since I just came back from a 5,488 mile expedition across the U.S. now would be a proper time to show the truck. Ill break down whats on it and include my Youtube channel video to see it in action. Thanks!

Vehicle: 2011 Silverado, 5.3L, short box, standard cab, LT trim.

Engine:
K&N full intake
Bully dog GT tuner
Flowmaster Cat back

Electrical:
260 Amp alternator
0/1 gauge cable throughout with "Big 3" ground
500 amp Isolator, 200 amp battery circuit breakers
Optima starter and deep cycle batteries.
Tinysine Bluetooth relays with program rewritten for auto usage.

From Front to back exterior:
NFab prerunner front bar
Cree 30 inch light
Warn VR12000
Masterpull synthetic line 100' 24,000lbs
Rough Country hidden winch mount
Cree curved 54" light bar
Rhino Rack
Foxwing Awning
Fiskars Axe and Shovel
Quickfist attachments
Mounts all fabricated
Husky Box holding; chainsaw and fuel, shop vac, jack, fluids
2 Jerry cans
Hitchgate tire carrier with matching spare, jerry can, and HiLift jack
Trash-a-roo
Back up cameras
4 Matraxx JK red with mounts
CB/Hamm whip
Cree Rear bumber LEDs
Cree rock lights
Cree Camp lights (6)

Suspension:
BDS 6 inch suspension with Fox coil over remote resevoirs, Fox rear shocks, 6 inch BDS springs, additional Add a leaf
4:56 Gears
E-locker in rear
35" Toyo Open Country MT
Fuel Anza 20' rims

Interior:
Pioneer AVIC-7000 for DVD/GPS
TYT ham radio
Undiden bearcat CB
Battery gauges mounted in useless cubby
A pillar mounting for Bully GT Tuner
2300/4600 peak watt invertor
Fire extinguisher
Firt Aid bag
2TB Wifi Hard drive (for movies)
Samsung Tab A
Whip ant. splitter
Viper Remote start from smart phone

Truck Bed:
Home made drawers, full length
63 qt ARB fridge with cover
Fans
Light mounts with hanger bracket
Bed Rug
Tailgate ladder
Homemade bed screen
Mr Heater for rear heat
Kelty sleeping bags
Low voltage 120v sleeping bag

Shower:
Duda Desiel 30 plate
Jazz 22 gallon fuel cell and brackets
Marine water sending unit
Sureflo 45psi pump
12 voly three way valves
Lots of fittings and hoses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kELco246y0E

VZM.IMG_20160725_192535.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192628.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192739.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192802.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192311.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192707.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192243.jpg
VZM.IMG_20160725_192228.jpg

Last edited:

Burb One

Adventurer
Wow, very professional setup. That button box and power box in the rear is a great idea and very clean looking!

How do you like the Bully dog tuner? I have a suburban with the 5.3, and find my transmission needlessly downshifting up small hills when I have it on cruise control and have it semi-loaded up. Is that (and the shift points) able to be controlled from it? Any mpg increases noticeable?

ellevehc86

I wish I could post more pics but for some reason, it wont let me. To be honest, I'm not overly impressed by the tuner. The up side, I did need it for speedometer adjustment for tire size and gears (WAYYY OFF) and when running 92+ and tuned, there is a noticeable difference in performance. I tried its MPG tune and I couldn't see any improvement over stock at all. It's driving coach is impressive though. I haven't had a chance to play with shift points, but it is very easy to use. All and all, if I had to buy it again, I would. I wish it was cheaper though. $300 versus $500 (with mounts) is much more reasonable.

Burb One

Adventurer
Thanks for the insight! If you ever do play with the shift points, etc., let us know how those work out. I had my gauge cluster reprogrammed for my gearing and larger tires, for 100 bucks all said and done... If I had through about it, probably would have waited until getting on of these...

Oobray

Adventurer
Wow, that is a really great setup. I'm interested in hearing more about the trip and things you learned about your setup along the way. Can we expect a decent trip report?

ellevehc86

Finally, some additional pics.

20160808_010916.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

BrianV

Observer
Do you have any pictures of your isolator install?
I need to get mine done. But haven't quite figured out where I am going to run the cables and attach the isolator in the engine bay.
Also what did you use for relay bus board and circuit breakers?

ellevehc86

I don't have any pictures, but I do have a video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85ox7hb8MSc

For the isolator, I used a 500 amp. I bought it on Amazon for around $80. I used 200 amp circuit breakers as the winch and a few other things have higher draws. they were pretty cheap as I remember. as far as a bus, or bus bar, I didn't use one as I just incorporated it into the relays and to be honest, I looked for one and I never found something that I liked. Plus when it came to the lighting wiring, it wasn't that necessary. I did use a bus bar in the rear wiring box. It was a small cheap one. Most everything I used I bought from Amazon and Ebay.

wrmmt

Adventurer
Wow, nice looking rig! Definitely gives me some ideas for mine. How do you like sleeping in the back on top of the slide drawers in terms of space/headspace? Been thinking of doing something similar with mine, but afraid of loosing too much "inhabitable" space.

Wow, nice looking rig! Definitely gives me some ideas for mine. How do you like sleeping in the back on top of the slide drawers in terms of space/headspace? Been thinking of doing something similar with mine, but afraid of loosing too much "inhabitable" space.

I've got a similar setup. So long as you get a thin air mattress or foam pad, it's not bad. Just be mindful about the head space when you wake up :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles