1977 Chevy blazer chalet

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
Chalet #1037, already listed twice on ebay here and here, with the first auction win apparently falling through. Ones in this rough of shape are hard to unload anywhere except locally for their parts value content. If the truck body isn't salvageable, you basically just have an orphaned camper unit worth no more than $500 if it is in really good shape, and whatever you can get for all the other old parts.

BTW, the Chalet $0414 that made a big splash with its $19 grand closing auction price is a no-go. If the seller decides to re-list it, see if he discloses the engine knock problem this time and that the interior is not "mint" after all.

cozydog

Observer
Really really like these just not in a position to buy but always enjoy 77blazerchslet's knowledge--and hard work in attaining it/tracking these.
If I ever have the chance to buy one he is the first contact, even before the seller.

Cheers

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
.... always enjoy 77blazerchslet's knowledge--and hard work in attaining it/tracking these. If I ever have the chance to buy one he is the first contact, even before the seller.

Knowledge is power and networking is priceless, I always say. Yep, it is a hobby of mine. I started my mega-spreadsheet back when the ebay seller of Chalet #0310 said there were only 40 Chalets left in existence, as a means of bolstering the value of his rusted wreck, which had the top blown clean off it. At that time, we already had around 60 members in our Chalet forum who owned at least one of these, plus from my growing printout pile (I learned the hard way that ebay and Craigslist links are not permanent), I could count out another 50 or so. These days I can distinguish around 400 individually, but I have no way of saying how many are still out there, since keeping track of the sellers and owners is like herding cats.

One of the new CK5.com forum members rather casually dropped in a photo of his the other day, which has a one-piece flip-front opening hood & fenders! Yet one more rig I'd never seen before. Seems there are still more out there to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz