2016 Rubicon JKU "RhinOverlander" -- Northridge 4x4

Northridge4x4

Supporting Sponsor: Northridge4x4
I, (Oliver) here at Northridge 4x4 decided a few months back after continually building my 2008 JKU it was time to add another to the garage.

I picked up a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited in Rhino.

The goal for this one was to be able to drive it every day (obviously) but be able to camp and still hit most of the trails here in Colorado and Moab. And having it stand out a bit by choosing some MFG that aren't found on most overlanding Jeep's also has been fun to show off some variety.

I have a lot more planned for this one, and we are a vendor for every single one of these products, so please feel free to ask me any questions.

Current Build list

EVO MFG Front and Rear pro series bumpers
Method Standard Wheels
Rock Krawler 1.5" Suspension
Falken Wildpeak MT 37" Tires
ARB Outback Drawers
Warn Zeon Winch
JW Speaker Headlights, Tail Lights, Fog Lights
Rhino Rack Backbone System
Crawler Conceptz Aluminum Inner Fender Liners
MCE Fender Flares Color Matched Rhino

IMG_1393.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Sweet start!
What are your axle/steering plans to support the 37" tires?
That is a future goal for me. So I'm always looking at what others with good experience use.

Nice to see you guys here. I've had several great dealings with Northridge 4x4 over the past few years. :beer:

Northridge4x4

Sweet start!
What are your axle/steering plans to support the 37" tires?
That is a future goal for me. So I'm always looking at what others with good experience use.

Nice to see you guys here. I've had several great dealings with Northridge 4x4 over the past few years. :beer:

Oh the axles :)

I have a Pro Rock 44 front and Pro Rock 60 in my other Jeep, they have been beyond reliable. So I will more than likely pop a set of them in.
IMG_1332.jpg

Last edited:

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Look forward to seeing your build progress!

What steering do you plan to run on the '16 along with the ProRock 44?

Northridge4x4

Look forward to seeing your build progress!

What steering do you plan to run on the '16 along with the ProRock 44?

Since I kept it at a 1.5" lift, and didn't need to flip it, I'll keep the stock drag link for now. Then likely synergy

Tie Rod I'll run the synergy, same with the pro rock I've run these before and been happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Any steering assist on your other rig?
Looks like you've spent some time in the rocks. :beer:
Every now and then, I'll get into a spot where a bit of assist would be a big help, even with the 35" tires.
It was on the agenda for going up to 37" tires. Lots of kits to choose from, and durability/driveability is a huge concern for long range exploration.
So looking for some real world experience.

Northridge4x4

On the other, the PSC kit is what I went with. And for rocks, it's worth every penny. And easily the most reliable.

Being at 8psi and being able to steer with a pinky is so nice.

On the older one it's been just about everywhere, Moab more times than I can count, Colorado, South Dakota, New Mexico, Nevada, even the Rubicon in California.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
drove a rig with a PSC assist, but only off road. It was a trailer queen on 40"s. Easy to steer. Made me wonder how that would be for long road trips. How it felt on center driving down the road.
Nice to read about a rig with a lot of mileage. :)

On a side note, a couple of years back I picked up the Genesis Evap relocation kit from you guys. Man has that worked out great! The whole driver's side underneath is open now for tanks. I was able to install without cutting any of the OEM hosing, and just flipped the white valve assembly 180*, so no codes.
Great "bang for the buck" addition.
Something to think about if you don't want to carry a water jug. It's also a pretty rare mod for the Overlanding crowd.

ryanhockey21

I always see your jeep parked outside your shop, looks great! Might have to pick up a set of those MCE flares, they look sharp color matched.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah. If I never had to re enforce the front end, I would be rollin 37s on my teraflex 2" with the mopar High clearance fenders and the 1" teraflex body lift to give max space while keeping the engine and drivetrain low!

Northridge4x4

What camping rig would be complete without one of these!

fc28e05dda55939ac896d2555ea6c1de.jpg

Northridge4x4

A nice package showed up for the adventure trailer I'm working on :)
6b5fb6f313b7ffbd323de4844c073b23.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz