01 tracker arb equipted 2dr to a 2016 2dr Jeep Rubicon

captwoody

Adventurer
I have a bugout pack that I carry with water if I have to hump out, and a 10 mile rule so the furthest I can get from public road is 10 hikable miles. most parts of ocotillo fall in this range, Joshua tree and death valley not so much and have to have a group or ask to join one

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I could get three pheasants in the back if I could get three pheasants. Now that I have no dog, I have no chance. Just got a jeep, new dog next step, baby steps I am getting set up for retirement

Congrats on the retirement! :beer:

Hunted last year with rented & borrowed dogs. Not going hunting again until I have my own.
It did provide a great opportunity to check out different breeds, and work with different handlers who handled multi breeds. All in all a very fun, albeit expensive, learning experience.
The hunting was an absolute blast (no pun intended). Hunted with a group of old friends, and made some new ones.
I'd do it again, but only for one season.

Did you see the thread from jscherb on the new rear sliding windows he helped develop? Would be a great addition for you next dog. Basically it replaces the side glass pieces of the hard top with an RV style window, and a frame assembly that accounts for the curved shape of the top.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have a bugout pack that I carry with water if I have to hump out, and a 10 mile rule so the furthest I can get from public road is 10 hikable miles. most parts of ocotillo fall in this range, Joshua tree and death valley not so much and have to have a group or ask to join one

Keep the bugout kit, and then have the in reach, you can stay with your jeep then until help comes and venture more than 10 miles. ha ha. If I had to venture only 10 miles from around here...you would not get anywhere. we do 700km off road in one day, and not see the same place 2 times.

captwoody

Adventurer
we have spots that are 60-100 miles in the middle of nowhere here in the states but unless you are in Alaska not going to see more than that. On the dog thing he rides in the backseat with me up front, I have labs when I have dogs, have had 3 hunting labs so far just put down blanket and hose mud out after. I try to keep them in AC as much as possible. down here during pheasant season it gets to be 90 out in the imperial valley If your dog gets overheated he just goes thru the motions and will walk right by the birds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior