FWC Camper age?

kchap

I am wanting to get a camper for my 2011 F150 and a rebuild would be a great project to start this winter. I found this camper online and I was hoping someone could help determine the age from the photos.
So many great build threads here, hope to join in someday!

Keithfwc1.jpgfwc2.jpg

liftedlimo

Adventurer
When looking into used FWC myself I was advised to find the VIN under the mattress in the front left area. That was the only definitive way to tell. Everything else is guessing

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We worked on a FWC this week that the owner thought was built in 2003 -04, it had the same style rear door and exterior coverings for the windows. If you have a registration plate on the back Four Wheel may be able to tell you the exact year of manufacture.

kchap

Thank you!
I'm hoping to find some info before a 6 hour drive and haven't heard back from seller.

LuckyDan

Adventurer
If you have email-able photos a call to Stan and company at FWC would get you in the range. Just looking at what's posted here, the rear propane hatch, brand sticker on the front and the storm flaps on the outside are clues, but to which generation except, "Newer than mine" I don't know. If the registration plate is still on it they have the date of mfg on them. Mine is on the lower right rear adjacent to the door jam.

Good luck

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Not to be snarky , but what does the age have to do with it ?
The backside looks identical to my '05 Eagle , front window looks larger than my '05 and the window flaps/covers are on the outside [ makes it look like an ATC ] imho

Happy trails

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Not to be snarky , but what does the age have to do with it ?

Fitment. 4WC has published a fairly good set of "this fits on that" measurements, so if you know the year of the camper, you know what year/model trucks it will fit. There were several evolutions along the way as bed rails and cabs changed heights. There are some combinations that simply won't fit due to these mismatches.

kchap

Thanks Stan!

I am not opposed to starting with a smaller camper, would be a great starter for me and well suited for my drives to Colorado to visit my son.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz