hallmark canvas cleaning help

jackstraw

crackofnoon
Greetings all,

Here's my issue: I have a 95' Hallmark Raton truck camper, and for those who aren't familiar, hallmark uses a three ply "canvas" set up. The exterior is vinyl, the middle is yellow open cell foam (insulation) and the interior is ripstop nylon. Well, I have moisture and now mildew/mold growing in between the vinyl and nylon interior. Anyone out there know how to clean and stop this? I've resealed the unit, roof, seams,.... but the damage is trapped, and I think a worst case scenario would be to rip out the nylon and foam and just leave the vinyl.

thanks for all the help

B

LuckyDan

Adventurer
Allow me the honor of being the first to reply to what the post counter says is your post #1.

While my camper is an older FWC it too had the three ply canvas set up. It too developed the mildew in the middle issue despite putting it away "dry". The eventual answer for me was a canvas replacement as it had more than minor issues. I know from other posts here and elsewhere that most just cut it out and run with the single outer ply as you suggested. I have heard of people trying to cure it by getting a large syringe and large gauge needle, and injecting copious amounts of h20/bleach mixture through the rip stop, soaking the foam to kill the spores. The finish would be to get the inside hot to dry the material. What success people have had doing this I don't know.

Good Luck with however you proceed.

jackstraw

crackofnoon
Thank you LuckyDan.
I have thought about bleach injection, and a few other tricks, but I think it's a design flaw on hallmark's end. To replace the canvas would cost more than what I bought the camper for. I think I will try a few things before using scissors...

crosbyj

Thank you LuckyDan.
I have thought about bleach injection, and a few other tricks, but I think it's a design flaw on hallmark's end. To replace the canvas would cost more than what I bought the camper for. I think I will try a few things before using scissors...
Old thread, I know, but I'm in the same situation today with a '95 Hallmark. Any words of advice? Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94