Offroad Trip 2016 Trip Report - Utah/Colorado

Wilbah

Adventurer
Really great writeup and pics! Thanks for sharing....that is such beautiful country!

Glad all the nitwit left was a note. I've seen worse on occasion.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Nice photos and report. It looks like you enjoyed your time here.
The people that live in this part of the state rarely admit that Boulder is part of CO. I grew up about 12 miles from there. If nothing else it's like going to a circus when you are in the town.
Some people are fine there, the others put on the show for us to enjoy.

NMBruce

Adventurer
Alright well here goes nothing.....but first watch my recap video:

[video=vimeo;179512498]https://vimeo.com/179512498[/video]

I decided to head out to Colorado to do some wheeling and camping with some friends and this is my trip report. I started my trek from Santa Barbara at about 11am on Thursday morning with a goal of reaching a trail a friend told me about outside of St George Utah which is pretty much exactly halfway between where I was going in CO and SB. I got to the waterfalls at about 7pm and set up camp and really just spent the night taking pics and watching the meteor shower (which was going off so crazy at like midnight).

On the trail I stopped because I saw this beautiful guy, this is a Great Basin Rattlesnake which is a snake I've always wanted to find out in the wild and he was a beautiful light pink with great patterning.

This was camp:

Offroad Trip 2016 by Jim Bob Barnett, on Flickr

Woke up kinda early made breakfast and coffee then took a dip:

There was an upper and lower trail, I took the high road to the falls to get there quickly and took the low one out which turned out to be awesome! It basically just weaves in and out of the creek for a few miles and has some really steep/big drops and rocky sections along with some really muddy stuff....Didn't get a lot of pics here I was just busy trying not to sink in the mud and getting stuck haha.

Some scenes from the drive on the 70 towards Vail:

Love the pictures, how do you get to that first waterfall, going to be out that way next month

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior