Fiamma feedback

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Those of you who have Fiamma awnings, would you comment on suitability for overland use, durability, ease of set-up, etc?

Many Thanks.

Mike S

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Just trading one today for an ARB ( i have 2 fiammas) i would say they are top notch in quality/durability and setup. Already i can see the ARB is not the same quality therefore the cheaper price point.

The Fiamma has a all aluminum shell vs. others that get rolled up in a bag. It also has a vinyl that is made up as more like an RV grade awning that will not rip vs. a cloth type tent or rugged canvas awning like the ARB. The parts are made of high quality stainless and the legs/components all self-fold into the actual housing that gets rolled up into the case.

I can setup one in a quick 30 seconds by myself. I can pack one away in the same time. I can even pack one away in 30 degree weather while the wind is blowing by myself, they're that light.

I wish they made an 8 footer..i would buy it tomorrow and sell the ARB...... but the 6 footer works great for what it is.

I now have a 8 foot ARB on the Cruiser and a 6 foot Fiamma on the our trailer. I think it will be perfect combination for what we do.

I wouldn't think twice about spending more money on the Fiamma vs. others out there, after today. Even on our Horizon that was a beater trailer rental for many years the Fiamma is still going strong and never fails upon setup or tear down.

Now, if someone could chime in about the ever so popular Hannibal awning im sure there would be some specifics that would be better than both the ARB and the Fiamma. But then again the Hannibal is always outside in the elements and has no legs, so it puts stress on the rack system too. I guess they all have their advantages.

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Mike

The only problems we have had with the awnings are people ripping them of the brackets, or not putting the safety strap on and having the case open up at 60 mph. The awning acts like a parachute for a few seconds and then disappears into the distance.

These are all the result of human error, but in 80% of the cases the awning has been repairable and returned to a functional capacity.

I do like the aluminum case because it protects the awning in transit (except where mentioned above).

The legs and tension bars are cleverly folded away in the outer tube. They are surprisingly strong. No problems with the fittings.

No real problems in the wind, it does come with anchor lines if needed.

Deploying the awning can be done by one person, it's a little tricky until you get a handle on it, easier with two that's for sure.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I agree with SoCal. I purchased a Fiamma after he gave me a quick demo of the one on his trailer. High quality, super easy to setup/stow and provides just enough shade for me, my wife and our 2 dogs.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The Fiamma F35 PRO comes in 6 ft, 8 ft, and 10 ft lengths. We use the 6 ft long awning because it fits our application.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I have both the Fiamma and the Ezi-Awn awnings. The Fiamma is much easier to setup and is just as sturdy. I purchased the Ezi-Awn, because I wanted the side panels to make an enclosed room.

The Ezi-Awn, while a very fine product, is a bit difficult to setup for one person. I can do it...it's just not as easy as the Fiamma.

The only complaint I can think of regarding the Fiamma is that some of the connectors are plastic vs. aluminum.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Martyn said:
The Fiamma F35 PRO comes in 6 ft, 8 ft, and 10 ft lengths. We use the 6 ft long awning because it fits our application.

Grrreat. Thank for adding to my thinning wallet Martyn! Can you email me the pricing on a 8 footer? thanks buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior