2012 LR4 Build Thread

Sackwear

Checked out your website, Sackware.com. Does this mean we can expect to see some LR specific wear coming from the site? Love the gear, just don't own a Toyota..haha

Timbo FJ45

Observer
Checked out your website, Sackware.com. Does this mean we can expect to see some LR specific wear coming from the site? Love the gear, just don't own a Toyota..haha

Haha, for sure. Thanks.
I'm working on one now. Graeme Bell's Defender 130. And of course we have got to have an LR4 shirt.

Last edited:
Haha, for sure. Thanks.
I'm working on one now. Graeme Bell's Defender 130. And of course we have got to have an LR4 shirt.

Just have these lowly LR3's in Hawaii on the trails.............just saying.:wings::safari-rig::smiley_drive::tent::suning:

VictoryOverland3.JPG

Attachments

• VictoryOverland.JPG
    VictoryOverland.JPG
    413.6 KB · Views: 85

lwg

Just curious, why are you using Johnson Rods and not just using the GAP to reprogram? There are real negatives to using Johnson Rods over reprogramming if I recall.

zelatore

Explorer
Just curious, why are you using Johnson Rods and not just using the GAP to reprogram? There are real negatives to using Johnson Rods over reprogramming if I recall.

I'd disagree - no real negative to running the rods over the GAP reprogram. In fact, with some trucks you won't be able to get much lift with just the GAP tool. I've covered this before, but I first thought I'd run just the GAP for lift and found I could only get about 1.5" as I recall (I forget the exact number, but well less than the rods). I now run both. In fact, I also installed a LLAMS device just for giggles though it has recently failed on me.

Mind you, you can't 'stack' all the different lift items. I don't use the GAP for lift, only diagnostics. I run with the Johnson Rods as my 'normal' lift, and was using the LLAMS to lower my height a bit on the highway since it could be done on the fly. In theory I could have taken out my rods and just used the LLAMS, but as it turns out I was lucky I wasn't doing that.

zelatore

Explorer
RE stacking everything, rods, GAP tool; nets you some extreme CV angles.

Looking very nice Timbo!

Agreed. I run the rods for my lift and use the GAP for calibration and diag work. Technically you could run the rods AND lift further with the GAP, but that's asking for trouble and would result in about .004" down travel in the suspension.

jaamrode

I actually use rods and GAP together, just in the opposite direction. I put the rods in then recalibrated back down to run as close to the original normal ride height as possible. Then set up a memory slot on GAP for off-roading at the height that the rods would do normally without the recalibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior