Ibs dual battery controller. Where to mount?

Redman333

Adventurer
I have an LX470 (100 series). I am wanting to order the national Luna dual battery system but they have 2 different types of controllers. I'm not sure where to mount t the controller so I'm not sure which to buy. The flush mount style or the controller by itself.

Those of you that have this in your hundy can you post pics of where you mounted it.

Also what type of battery you went with also. I think I have that sorted but more opinions would t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
I guess no one has any. At least that they want to show. I think I'm going to go with the non flush mount and just Velcro it above the shifter. Not as integrated as I'd like but I never use that area and I didn't want to cut it up.

Redman333

Adventurer
I'll post pics of my Install when I put it in but I won't have my LX for about 3 weeks since my vehicle is being used as a test bed for a new 100 series product that may come to the market.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I'll shoot and upload a photo later. I had the IBS system in my Jeep and it had a MUCH better mounting system than the NL. But the Hundy cam with the NL system so I stuck with it.

Last edited:

TrekboxX

Supporting Sponsor - TrekboxX
Don't have a pic, but I just velcroed it inside the front of the center console. I took someone's advice to not mount it where you'd obsess over the readings. I think it was good advice... Also keeps people from pressing buttons, linking batteries and such.

bunger

Adventurer
Not a Toyota but I mounted my IBS Controller with double sided 3M tape next to my steering column

100_2898.jpg

RAFoutdoors

Retired Explorer
image.jpg

I installed my IBS controller on the driver's side of the tranny/center console shroud. It is held in place with the double sided tape that came with the kit. The wires were slipped in between the seem in the two plastic shroud pieces. No cutting and no holes. By mounting it here, I am not distracted by the lights (or reflections) at night. It is still easy to see all the readouts.

Redman333

Adventurer
I'll shoot and upload a photo later. I had the IBS system in my Jeep and it had a MUCH better mounting system than the NL. But the Hundy cam with the NL system so I stuck with it.

Functionality wise did you see a difference between the two other then the mounting options.

Redman333

Adventurer
Don't have a pic, but I just velcroed it inside the front of the center console. I took someone's advice to not mount it where you'd obsess over the readings. I think it was good advice... Also keeps people from pressing buttons, linking batteries and such.

I've thought about this. I k ow I want it somewhere that I can easily get to it but don't really think I want to see it all the time either so may e the center console would be good. I'm not too worried about anyone hitting buttons or anything in my rig. It sits in the garage most of the time and only me and the misses sit up front mostly.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I enjoy having it in sight. Id rather see a problem before it becomes one... its called a monitor a reason. So you can monitor your batteries. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94