WTS: Tampa, FL - Custom 416 with Serengeti RTT

Mragu

The trailer is sold. Went to a great home in South Florida.

I have for sale in Tampa, FL a custom built 416 that I purchased off this forum a few years ago. The trailer is a converted 416 with a Serengeti RTT mounted on a custom made aluminum hinged top. It has a deck for a cooler and racks for 2 jerry cans (included). I have the original pioneer rack for it and a brand new spare tire on a 2" trailer hitch mount. The tires have about 200 miles on them. The trailer has been stored in my air-conditioned extra garage since I got it. I am selling this trailer because a month or so after I purchased the trailer my wife decided she would rather have an Airstream and we ended up buying a 25" Airstream Safari. Happy wife = Happy life. Needless to say this trailer does not get out much.

The RTT stowed is 48" wide, 78" long and 8" high. The tent is in perfect condition and it has a mattress that is 79" x 74." It is roughly a king sized bed and takes king sized sheets. There is room on the wood deck beyond the mattress to store stuff. It will easily sleep 2-3 adults. All of the zippers and screening are in perfect condition. The tent and rain fly have no tears, holes or leaks.

When I got it I had it painted OD green and black and I got an extra Toyota 6-lug rim for the spare tire. All three tires are new and bought by me in 2015. The spare is not shown in the pics. They are BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A, Tri-gard 3-ply LT 245/75 R17. I think these are mounted on Toyota FJ rims. It has a one piece rubber mat on the inside deck and it has hydraulic dampers which make opening and closing the lid easy. It has a key entry/lock but the lock in giving me troubles. The trailer goes down the road perfect and it tracks a Nissan Pathfinder perfectly even at highway speeds. It has had no problem in soft sand but it has not been put through the ringer here in Florida. It has the original military pintle hitch and I will throw in a trailer hitch (shown in one picture) and lock for it. It will also come with one of the Trasharoo spare tire bags.

It is titled free and clear in Florida as a home made trailer. I do not have exact measurements but I understand it weighs les than 1,000 pounds. This is a very nice expedition/adventure trailer in fantastic shape. For those of you with greater skills you can tweak it as you see fit. I will include a Coleman cooler that fits the rack.

I am asking $4,750 for the trailer. I have a lot more than that into it. If you think my asking price is way too high please feel free to make a reasonable offer. I will do my best to answer your questions. My e-mail is mragusa@gunster.com. Thanks for looking and thanks to the forum for everything. Here are pictures:

2a0e2fb33d50b3a32ad9f41b1263927e_zpsqi1rhfnj.jpg

40922f24d6214aee0ea7bcaf2e22787e_zpsktpqq3nu.jpg

62b171d07b3d3810565f5086e17c0877_zpsg995sbmq.jpg

2a65c1e6b05706561359a289997b77b9_zps8pchglou.jpg

971ab6b49fc1e5ec51fce307a285a793_zpsr8bojik4.jpg

410626846853d26c7180654f94c92d64_zpsazgrgtsa.jpg

e5be66fbe6d78660e30f763151a10b6f_zps8kjdvzwc.jpg

3eb0d9a8df44bf0afb411fbe8c02880c_zpstocntnkg.jpg

Last edited:

Mragu

We have had a good bit of interest in the trailer from this forum and locally. Looking to sell it as opposed to trade deals. To sweeten the deal, I will throw in a nearly brand new Yeti white 125 tundra cooler that fits on the deck. If my asking price is out of line please let me know. Thanks.

prerunner221

Adventurer
I'd say the asking price is reasonable. If I had room for it I would have already driven the hour out to you and picked it up as it's exactly what I have been looking for it. The only thing I would do is paint it to match my FJ and it's perfect. The only issue you may be running in to is the time of year you're selling, as a lot of people do their traveling in the summer.

Anyway, really nice trailer build, and from looking around the last year, a fair price. Good luck with the sale.

Mragu

Potential shipping

At the request of an inquiring member I looked onto shipping this trailer via www.uShip.com. It was surprisingly easy to get a quote using enclosed and unenclosed shipping methods. The estimates to ship to New York ranged from $475 to $1,165 with an average of $777. If someone is interested in the trailer I would ship it for them at their expense (or maybe split shipping). If you are seriously interested send me your zip code and I will get a quote. My zip code is 33626. Here is the data I supplied U-ship:

Military M-416 trailer
Length:
10 ft 6 in.

Width:
6 ft 0 in.

Height:
5 ft 2 in.

Weight:
1200 lbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members