Interesting

I've been seriously considering a 200 series as a daily driver. Love to get my hands on one and start applying my skill set. I don't know how good it would be on the trails around here, but for expo style stuff, I can't see there being any downside.

ExPo4Runner

Land Cruiser Fanatic
I agree that the 200 is bigger, heavier, and more luxurious than the previous gens, but I believe it is still fully capable. Especially as an overland rig. But if were being honest, what rig really handles well in mud? My buddy with his single cab taco and MTs still slides all over the place in the mud. So I don't believe the Land Cruiser "needs to go". Now if we could get the 7x series and base model 200 series here, I bet people would stop complaining.

6btEX

Observer

REDrum

Aventurero de la Selva
That article was a writter's rant. The LC is a HIGHLY coveted class of truck outside of US market, it ain't going away. Maybe not worth it for Toyota to import US, but not cease production.

The 200 is capable, but, IMO, not as durrable as 100 and 80 series. Thats said I would buy long before and modern LR product.

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
i agree with the article. the people that are keeping the land cruiser name alive are the wheelers. and the land cruiser is trying to be what it's luxury brother the lexus is supposed to be. we don't need two luxury vehicles. we need rigs to get dirty and scratched. i'm trying desperately to lighten my fat 80 and that started by eliminating all the seats except the two fronts and i'm getting rid of the beyond back breakingly heavy leather power seats for a nice simple and light cloth seat. and every time i go out, i can't help but think how i wish it was just a little bit skinnier. on shelf roads, it's a tad uncomfortable. i'd love to see a 70 series here, but i'm sure they'd bastardize it for the american public by filling it with leather and carpet and woodgrain, with more power buttons that you can shake a stick at and i'd hate to see the 70 ruined that way.

i do think the new 200 is a beautiful rig, but for sitting in the driveway of someones mcmansion. would i like to have one for a daily driver? sure. but not for half the price of my house.

peneumbra

Explorer
Just wait till the 300-series comes out: it'll be an (almost) exact copy of a 1959 International Harvester Travelall 4x4.

Well, except for a version of the 4.5 V-8 diesel and a padded dashboard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles