Two days late.....Two dollars short

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Well took the van to get the AC vacuumed and then charged. Well the system didn't have any leaks so I feel pretty good about that. But.....the compressor won't kick on. So now I'm sitting here waiting to see what the issue is as I count the hours and $$ going up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

djbonsu

Adventurer
Really nice progress!! Hopefully the A/C Gods have mercy on you as that bill can be quite hefty if you need a new compressor.

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Really nice progress!! Hopefully the A/C Gods have mercy on you as that bill can be quite hefty if you need a new compressor.
Thanks! I replaced the compressor, dryer, and condenser. They leak tested it and there were zero leaks so I was super happy about that. They said that there wasn't enough power going to the compressor to make it kick on. When I tore it all apart I noticed the PO removed the old compressor and just left the plug for the compressor just laying there and it melted. My guess is that it shorted out somewhere. I would normally tackle the job but figured I would leave it to them to take care of it.

lockedwheels

Adventurer
And we have working AC. I'm really happy that I ended up getting the job done with no leaks. Turns out the compressor wasn't turning because some wacky wiring setup by the ambo company. It's back to being wired like stock and it is blowing ice cold!

4x4pair

Adventurer
He lives in Vegas so definitely knows how important a/c is 😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
It's a dry heat so it's not as bad... ;)

Once it reaches a certain point, it doesn't matter anymore. The insulated box used to get so hot that the kids were bordering on heat stroke... after a short trip

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Made my sink. Figured I would go the cheap route. Cardboard and duct tape should hold up fine right??? Lol

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Tested out one of the new lights.

Old ones

One of the new ones just set on the fender.

The old ones are actually plenty bright. I just didn't like the way they looked. These should be more efficient as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz