12,000+ miles 45+ days, SoCal > Alaska.

Basil.

Hey all!

Well on Saturday the 27th I am left on a 45 day, 13,000+ mile long trip to Alaska. I slowly prepped the FJ for the trip, including solar, Ham radio, new CVs, and all fluids possible in the truck.

_BAL7787 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

Planning for the trip has taken months, and it will all probably get thrown out the window within the first couple of days of driving. Along the way ill be posting photos, daily updates, and video to my Instagram and Facebook page. If you want to follow along on the trip go over and check out my pages! Ill try and also update this thread as I can along the way.

Basil Lynch
www.instagram.com/basillynch
www.facebook.com/basillynchphotography

Heres the rough dates for the trip, if your in the area and want to meet up let me know!

Untitled by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

Basil.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
This is awesome. I had talks with a friend to do Alaska as well. Take 30 days off for it but than he goes a throw one ton axles under his taco and no he doesn't wanna do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theblindchicken

Sounds like an awesome trip planned out!

Just a heads up though, there's a pretty large fire currently a little north of Big Sur right along Hwy 1. It's only at 60% contained as of today. Even though you won't be in the area until about a month from now, just be aware and be safe!

Link for information on the fire:

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4888/

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Super exciting! Let me know if you cross our friends from Hema in the 200 series. Theyre on their way to alaska now, and then I will join in and we will be heading back down the west coast to cabo

bishop2queen's6

When you start making your way to Big Sur, I fully recommend stopping by Hearst Castle, watch the biography movie FIRST, then take a tour, then have lunch at Sebatian's Cafe 5 min across the street. Yelp for Sebatian's Cafe: https://www.yelp.com/biz/sebastians-store-san-simeon-2

They serve burgers from Hearst Castle Cattle which are grass fed, and also serve and sell wine from Hearst Castle winery which is surprisingly very very good. If you buy a bottle, around $30ish, you get the tasting for free. My "tasting" ended up being 12 glasses of BIG pours of wine. I bought 2 cases, which everyone I gave the wine to was very surprised to the quality of the wine.

Basil.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Just got to Tok Alaska, what a drive top of the world highway was in the rain. We are starting the Dalton highway tomorrow! Excited to get up to Prudhoe bay. I have more photos to share, but I need to find a decent wifi source, maybe tomorrow in Fairbanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basil.

More Photos... ill do a full trip report when I get to the end of the trip.

PS. We made it to Prudhoe Bay, goal accomplished.

_BAL8501 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8510 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8547 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8610 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8676 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8704 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8729 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8747 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8754 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8764 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8779 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8799 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8813 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

_BAL8817 by Basil Lynch, on Flickr

molanginaeda

Observer
Very nice. I love the Milky Way photos. I have been to Banff & Jasper area. Hoping to get myself up to Alaska in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior