alexander mackenzie trail 2016 BC canada

Wjustin

we left saturday morning and all met up in hope. we motored on up to cache creek, then got a call saying matt was having issues with his truck in ashcroft. so we headed back down the highway to see what was up. turn out this wasnt a good thing for matt, his recently swapped motor was having some internal issues that we couldnt make work, for him to continue on. So we had to part ways and our group got a little smaller, down to 3 rigs. we made good time and eventually got to the titletown trail head, late in the evening. we set up shop and had a couple beers and hit the hay. we woke up the next day ate some breakfast and hit the trail. the first part was alright but soon got super rocky and muddy. i found this part of the trail to be the hardest due to all the hidden rocks under the mud just waiting to take out your diffs. we set up shop at kluksoil lake and spent that afternoon and night there. what a beauty spot. the next day we woke up and continued down the trail. we ended up having to cross the blackwater river which was rushing pretty good. we ended up walking the river first before driving in. It was the most pucker factor for us on the trip. something about rushing water and pushing the trucks sideways. we all crossed fairly easy and with minor water inside the trucks. we headed on up through a giant clear cut and into the indian village of kluksus. we set up shop just west of there, across a small river crossing and up onto a meadow. beers followed and some spaghetti. The next day was pretty uneventful, some nice views and a some bears. we headed for tsasha lake, where the old fishing lodge used to be. its a beauty spot so we stayed there for 2 days. After resting up we slowly packed up our stuff and carried on. This would be our longest day. there was a pretty greasy up hill mud bog that had us pinned down for a couple hours, due to my winch solenoid conveniently packing it in. I got pulled out and we re-assed the situation. Scotty decided to go through and winch us all through it. he eventually got across the bog with help from his smittybilt winch(i know right). there were some massive trees across that would make life easy for us, so i pulled out my trusty sthil ms170 and proceeded to beat on it to get the fallen timber out of the way. Eventually we got everything out of the way and made it through with no other issues. Up at the top of the hill was the other famous bog that had us scratching our heads. After a quick conversation scotty ended up going first again. he made it look easy and was across in no time. I followed up behind him with no issues. Alex in the only jeep on the trip got stuck about half way across, a small tug and he was out. We eventually got to robbies place and asked him where a nice spot would be to camp. he told us about a small hunters cabin on a lake just down the trail from his house. 2 hours later and hungry as **** we made it to the cabin. had a small fire,ate, drank a few beers and chilled out. of course with a little jeep bashing. The next day we decided to make another good push and go for elugik lake. the trail was fairly decent with minimal dead fall. we rolled up on walt lampards place. that guy has so much cool junk you could spend days there. after about an hour of talking we continued on our way. we were making such good time we arrived at the lake a little early. the plan was to camp there but we figured why not push and get out to the logging road. Walt was saying to us the last bit of the trail was in rough shape, lots of fall and some super off camber stuff. We decided we would take the rainbow falls trail down to the fsr. We werent about to attempt that last few km of trail, especially after the rain we had on wed night. the rainbow falls trail was a decent trail. very rocky with the odd swamp crossing. we eventually got onto the fsr around 530. with a quick celebratory beer we hit the fsr. which by the way was nicer then the paved roads down here. we got into Anaheim lake around 7ish. We decided to camp at a rec site about 50km out of town. scottys truck was a little worse for wear with the pre runnner slanted frontend look going on. He decided to push on to his buddys place, but ended up driving through the night all the way home lol. it was an awesome trip, defiantly a bucket list trip. it was slow moving and super remote which made it always nerve-racking for us. we lucked out though as another few groups were through before us to cut all the deadfall. in total we only had to cut around 25 trees. used about 65 liters extra fuel. and one burnt out winch solenoid. all in all a soild trip

Wjustin

loaded up

driving

in hope waiting

canyon view

matts truck not liking life

arrived at the trailhead

titletown camp day 1

the first crossing, couple hidden culverts under the water that made it tricky

the first of many by passes

the dodge that never made it out

jeep stuck

camp number2

nice lake

set up camp

Wjustin

bear and some wolf tracks

wicked view of the burn

coming into kluksus reserve

old fj-40

cool indian building

3rd nights camp spot

another old rig, f-150

shes pretty picked over

old tractor that never made it

lots of water and swamps

Wjustin

old bridge

RIP j-20

wonder if this is what j-20's going to look like when hes older[cheers]

old indian village

shame these places are just rotting away

tsasha lake rest for day 4

cheers

brodozer

tight squeeze on this fellow

the spot where we were stuck for 2 hours

scotty getting stuck some how

the bog that everyone talks about

alex stuck in it.

getting hooked up

logging road into anahiam lake

LumpyCanuck

Observer
little late to the party, but I see a Crawlin' sticker!! hahaha I'm Lumpy on that board, but don't hang much.......not cool enough for a tube "car". Which hidden winch mount are you running(assuming yours is the grey tacoma)?

Rubicon85

Observer
Looks like an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing, I literally just watched that episode on Ex Overland where they did that trail, glad you guys made it through!

Wjustin

little late to the party, but I see a Crawlin' sticker!! hahaha I'm Lumpy on that board, but don't hang much.......not cool enough for a tube "car". Which hidden winch mount are you running(assuming yours is the grey tacoma)?

Haha, yeah no tube car for me either. It's actually a universal winch mount off a jeep jk, I cut it up and modified it to fit my truck. Works well. Have a m8000 tucked in there.

Wjustin

Looks like an awesome trip! Thanks for sharing, I literally just watched that episode on Ex Overland where they did that trail, glad you guys made it through!

Thanks, we made it through with
No issues. It wasn't as bad as they made it out to be;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior