100 Series Fog Light

RotorHead04

Observer
Does anyone have a set of fog lights laying around for a LC 100 they want to get rid of? I bought a LC earlier this year and am going over it trying to fix some of the little stuff. The light pictured is damaged internally from a front end collision at some point in its life. I removed it to pull apart and clean out, but looks like replacement is my only option. It works fine, but the look is killing me. I want a clean replacement to match the headlight. I found some on Amazon, but thought I would check here before possible pursuing that option. Thanks!

IMG_3110.jpg

Chris Boyd

Explorer
eBay had some too... Also Depo replacements were sourced. Search iH8mud 100 section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60Dan

Explorer
I just took off my 100 series front bumper and replaced it with an ARB.
Same color bumper as yours. PM me if you want the bumper and lights, or just the lights

RotorHead04

Observer
Wanted to give a quick update and shout out to 60Dan for hooking me up with his old fog lights. He made me a sweet deal, shipped them to my house quickly, and they work perfect! I know it was not enough to offset the cost of his new ARB bumper buts its enough to cover a tank of fuel, and thats about 300 miles worth of adventure! All I did was give them a quick scuff and shot of rattle can clear to clean up the little bit of road rash they accumulated over they years and BOOM, they look like NEW! Im super excited, I love when things look uniform and matching.

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

HDFTE

Neville
i would check the passenger side wheel well on your truck to make sure that you arent missing the plastic cladding that covers the rear of the fog light. if you are its only a matter of time before you soil up your new Foglight again with dirt from the road.

SmoothLC

Explorer
Quick question RotorHead - do you not have to run license plates on the front in TX? If so, wish that were the case around here.

RotorHead04

Observer
SmoothLC - I do believe we are supposed to run a front license plate in TX. To my understanding its not something you would get pulled over for if you don't have it, but something they would tack onto a ticket if you're already stopped for something else. I did have the front plate until I cut out the bumper for the light bar. I have 3 vehicles, none of which have a front plate and I have not (knock on wood) had any issues with the law so far. Having said that if I get pulled over for it I'll bill you for the ticket, lol.

-I did get stopped in my truck one day. The officer asked where my front plate was. I had it on the dash and that seemed to please him because he didn't pursue the topic any further.

Matttathome

Love what you did with the light bar. I just bought a pair of spots to put on either side of the plate mount. I thought that gave it structural integrity, or else would have gone to a single light bar in the middle as we don't need front plates in OK either.

SmoothLC

Explorer
Thanks RotorHead. If you get a ticket, just send it to . . . @#$%#$@%08(*&. Ha.

Seriously though, that's a great mod. Like Matttathome though, I'm debating putting a couple of spots on both sides.

What are the dimensions of the light bar you used?

RotorHead04

Observer
SmoothLC - I'll get an envelope stamped and addresses just in case. The only thing I still need from you is a zip code.

I do like the light bar. Its a great supplement for night time driving. If I had one complaint its that being mounted so low to the ground it lights up the road right in front of the truck a lot, like 10' in front. I know it is throwing more light than that but it appears as though its not doing much. If you angle it up then it doesn't throw light as far down the road as I like. I bought a 20" flood / spot combo from Amazon and it works great. Im sure there are better options but this one has help up just fine over several thousand miles of driving in all conditions. I was able to cut the hole out with just a razor knife, and it didn't affect the structural integrity of the flimsy bumper cover. You could go even wider with the light bar if you wanted. Mine is mounted to the core support vie two metal brackets I made and rests on top of the steel bumper structure under the cover. It doesn't shake or vibrate going down the road.

Heres the light bar I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014R4ICSQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RotorHead04

Observer
Update:

SmoothLC, we can no longer be friends until you undo whatever voodoo spell you placed on me by asking about front plates. I will need your address to send you a repair bill now. I got to meet a state trooper today who looked around my vehicle. After a quick inspection he said, "I know you have that light bar up front, but you really need to put your license plate on there too." So theres our answer, yes you do need one. However given the circumstances of our meeting it was the least of his worries, and I don't believe her would have ver stopped me for not having one.

On a side note the wife, toddler, and I were enjoying the nicer weather here in TX and decided to go for a windows down sunday drive. The guy behind me decided we no longer needed a nice day when he saw us while turning off the road. He was in a lifted 2000 F250 with a ranch hand steel full replacement front bumper (oddly enough the exact same bumper I have on my F350) pulling a trailer and I guess didn't notice until too late and couldn't go around or stop, so sadly we helped him slow down. Everyone involved was okay, our little boy in the back in a rear facing car seat didn't make a noise, even when the rear window exploded. It hurts looking at the LC all busted up in the driveway. Rear upper hatch opens, lower one is jammed shut. Right rear quarter panel has a dent and ripples from being shoved forward. The direct point of impact was right above the rear bumper, so I don't see there being any frame damage. However thanks to this very unfortunate event I now know for certain that you need a front plate. Heard it straight from the state troopers mouth.

IMG_3169.jpg

Matttathome

Sorry to hear about your truck! Glad all are okay. Any chance you have pics of the brackets you used? I'm having a hell of a time deciding how to mount the spots I bought. They are also Amazon finds and look to have the same height and body shape as yours. Several have used them on the mud forum, but they all drive 2003+ trucks and their bumpers are a bit different offering more room allowing the use of the brackets that came with the lights and no modifications.

Last edited:

Matttathome

Thanks RotorHead. If you get a ticket, just send it to . . . @#$%#$@%08(*&. Ha.

Seriously though, that's a great mod. Like Matttathome though, I'm debating putting a couple of spots on both sides.

What are the dimensions of the light bar you used?

image.jpg

Here is how mine ended up BTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne