Lexus history lookup

unsung

I need to thank you guys. I have a deposit down on an 06 LX470 and I was reading through the theads that you can lookup the VIN on Lexus.com and see detailed history that carfax doesn't provide. Someone had mentioned they avoided a serious problem that his way. My search did not yield the original thread.

Well I will probably lose the $200 deposit but it probably for the best. The previous owner before trading it in took it in to tell them it was not cooling the cabin that well anymore. The tech advised replacement of the high pressure line going to the back of the evaporator due to leaking at a cost of $2700! Customer decided to just top it off.

Seems expensive for a line, maybe I'll get another opinion but it's nice to know before buying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

offroadkid

Yup! Glad you found that! Before deciding on our LX I copied and pasted many VIN's into drivers.lexus.com to see how well they have been cared for! That's an awesome repair bill you dodged!

6btEX

Observer
I know exactly the line you are talking about. It snakes the full length of the rig wrapping over the frame and under the body. They must put it in first then drop the body onto the frame. Good save!

adi

Adventurer
That is one good thing about dealerships, having a collected history of the vehicle.

When I was shopping for a diesel van, the dealer had a record 6 months prior needing all 8 injectors replaced on a 6.0. Owner had zero records of anything being done, other estimates, nothing. Walked away from that one fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior