Fingers crossed...

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
...But if everything works out OK I should be an R50 Pathfinder owner by the end of the day today. 2002 SE with 117k on it and best of all....Manual Transmission! :wings:
I'll post pics once it's mine. This thing is really clean!

Patrollife

Explorer
...But if everything works out OK I should be an R50 Pathfinder owner by the end of the day today. 2002 SE with 117k on it and best of all....Manual Transmission! :wings:
I'll post pics once it's mine. This thing is really clean!

Good luck!

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Well, she's mine. Here's a crappy cell phone pic:

Pathfinder first pic.jpg

Better pics to come. Drove it home about 15 miles, so fun to be back in a peppy vehicle with a manual (my Mazda B2300/Ranger was kind of a slow pig.) Has every option including a sunroof (a first for me.) With only 117k on it, it's very clean. Should make a great DD and mild 'wheeling rig.

No "build plans" other than maybe a set of new tires to replace the cheap Kumhos on it now. Well, I'll almost certainly put a new stereo in it just so I can have my iPhone and Bluetooth (though the factory AM/FM/Cassette/CD is really nice.)

Seat covers will also go on, especially for the back seat so the dog can ride back there.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
BTW driving this thing home, it's so tight and smooth that I kind of kicked myself for paying the Toyota Tax from 2007 to 2015.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Better pics (daylight):
Pathfinder 04.jpg
Pathfinder 03.jpg
Pathfinder 02.jpg
Stickers on the roof rack have seen better days. Might just razor blade these off.
Pathfinder 01.jpg
As I said above, it's a nice vehicle to drive. I have to say I really like the obviously "Xterra-inspired" luggage rack with the wind deflector built in.
Tires are crappy Kumho's in an odd size - 235/70/16. Most likely will be replaced with a P-rated Cooper M+S. I had Cooper M+S's on my 07 4runner and I was very impressed with their performance in snow and rain. I don't need an "off road" tire so I'm not going to waste the $$ on an LT-rated tire for it.
Feels very small compared to the 'Burb which is kind of nice. Actually the size is kind of an interesting thing: I've owned a 3rd gen 4runner and a 4th gen 4runner. In terms of size this is actually a bit smaller than the 3rd gen, probably close in size to the 2nd gen 4runner. It's not until you get into a vehicle this size that you realize just how big most "compact" or "mid-sized" SUV's have become. I would say in terms of size this is about the same as my wife's Honda CR-V.
Fit and finish is impressive for a 14 year old vehicle. It does have one minor little glitch, apparently at some time in the past the regulator or window on the front passenger side was replaced. Everything works except that when I put the passenger window all the way up (it's an auto up/auto down just like my 3rd gen 4runner), it will go to the top and then immediately open again about 4". My guess is that the "safety mechanism" that is designed to protect your fingers or your pet's neck is activating and opening the window because it detects an obstruction. I'm wondering if maybe when they put the window back in they put it a smidge too high. I can actually close the window by "bumping" it (pushing the button for just a second so it moves a short distance) until it's closed but eventually I'll need to get that looked at.
Other than the tires and the passenger window the only thing that may need attention is the AM/FM/CD/Cassette (yes, cassette) stereo. Like most of us (I'm guessing) I listen to music on my iPhone or iPod so I need to get a way to get my music on this. And Bluetooth would be nice, too. Crutchfield is my go-to on stereos - I've done 3 of them now so I'm confident I can put a decent stereo into this for not too much money, although it's a bit of a shame to replace the nice looking factory unit (that works fine and sounds great.)
Haven't got it emissions tested yet but I'll try to do that tomorrow so I can get it tagged (it already has the plates on it from my previous DD but legally it's not registered yet.) I think it will be a nice DD and it should help me keep miles off of the Suburban.
Now the only question is: Which vehicle gets the garage? We have a 2 car but obviously the wife has her car on one side so I only get one slot (and really I already have two motorcycles in there so I'm already a bit over my limit!) At this point I'm thinking the 'Burb is going to have to sleep outside since the Pathy is a little bit nicer (it's also easier to fit in the garage. The 'Burb fits - but just barely.)

Hawairish

Observer
Congrats on the purchase!

About the passenger window, there's a reset process for the limit switch. Check the BT (Body & Trim) section of the FSM for the exact procedure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior