FWC Price Increase Coming on Dec. 1st, 2016

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Hello Expedition Portal members

We have been getting a few calls and e-mails from potential new customers asking what the price increase will be this year on Dec. 1st, so I thought I would post the number here too.

I think this information below might help customers on the fence, to crunch numbers and then make a decision on what a good time to order for them will be, or not.

BASE MODEL PRICE INCREASES DEC. 1st, 2016:

Swift Model = $ 16,095.00 ---> $ 17,395.00
Fleet Model = $ 16,495.00 ---> $ 17,395.00
Raven Model = $ 16,495.00 ---> $ 17,395.00
Hawk Model = $ 16,495.00 ---> $ 17,395.00
Grandby Model = $ 16,995.00 ---> $ 17,995.00

Fleet Flat Bed Model = $ 23,495.00 ---> $ 24,995.00
Hawk Flat Bed Model = $ 23,995.00 ---> $ 24,995.00
Grandby Flat Bed Model = $ 24,995.00 ---> $ 25,995.00

Empty Shell Models = $ 8,695.00 ---> $ 9,395.00

PREVIOUSLY OPTIONS, THAT WILL NOW BE STANDARD EQUIPMENT (Included in the Base Price):

If the customer orders the “Power Roof Vent Fan” over the kitchen area ($295.00), the customer will now automatically get the basic “extra roof vent” installed over the cabover bed area as well (no additional charge).

If the customer orders a “power roof vent fan” over the cabover bed area ($295.00), the customer will still get the “ basic roof vent” installed over the kitchen area (no additional charge).

If the customer does not order any “power roof vent fan” inside their camper, they will still need to pay the $ 195.00 if they would like a “basic, extra roof vent” option installed over the cabover bed area.

Exterior Gas Strut Roof Lift Assists will now be a standard feature on ALL campers (no additional charge).

Empty Shell Model Changes:

All Empty Shell Models will now come standard with the small 12V / USB Ports installed (no additional charge).

All Empty Shell Models will now come standard with “Curtains” on all of the glass windows (no additional charge).

All Empty Shell Models will now come standard with Exterior Gas Strut Roof Lift Assists (no additional charge).

OPTIONS DISCONTINUED -- (No Longer Available):

Midi Heki Skylight Option Discontinued -- (No Longer Available)

Internal Gas Strut Roof Lift Assists Discontinued -- (No Longer Available)

Shell Model “Rear Storage Box Only” Discontinued -- (No Longer Available)
Shell Model “Propane Box Only” Discontinued -- (No Longer Available)
Shell Model “Rear Storage Compartment w/ Interior Cabinet” Discontinued -- (No Longer Available)

As an over-view, our best selling models like the Fleet & Hawk models will really only be going up approx. $ 575.00 for the base price after all is said and done.

If you are looking at a Swift or Grandby, the base price will be going up a bit more.

The Empty Shell Models have almost a $ 0.00 increase this year after calculating the options that will now be included in the starting models price.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

We would be glad to help in any way we can.

Happy Camping.

Stan

CSG

Explorer
Those are, unfortunately, crazy big increases. I fear you're shooting yourselves in the foot. But what do I know (other than you've priced me out of your market).

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
On the empty shell models, if you factor in the features that will now be standard, and if the customers orders a power roof vent fan (they will get the extra roof vent over the best at no additional charge), the over-all price tag will be going down. $ 0.00 price increase on shell models.

On the best selling models like the Fleet & Hawk, with gas struts going to be standard after Dec. 1st, and if the customers orders a power roof vent fan (they will get the extra roof vent over the best at no additional charge), the over-all price increase will only be about $380.00.

The small price increase will help to cover some of the upgrades we have been adding to the campers this year in relationship to using better parts, better pieces, better LED interior lighting, etc.

We have been crunching numbers on the Swift Model and the material costs and labor costs is almost identical to building a Fleet Model, so we needed to raise the Swift price a bit more to get it in line with other model pricing.

The Grandby Model also takes a little extra time and materials to build, so that price had to go up a bit more unfortunately.

It's just how you look at it. We're taking options that most every customer is already ordering and making them standard in the pricing. Not much of a price increase this year, mostly restructuring and improving the product..
Hope this helps a little to the logic and reasoning.

Stan

Roger M.

Adventurer
Wages, insurance, facility upgrades, transportation of raw materials and finished goods, and probably another dozen elements only ever go UP, never down.

In general terms, reduced retail pricing on products is really only seen when truly innovative companies seek new efficiencies in design, manufacturing and distribution, and through those efficiencies either maintain or actually reduce product pricing.

CSG

Explorer
I appreciate the additional comments, Stan. I once spoke to you guys about a Grandby shell for my 2500HD but I couldn't get it the way I wanted at a price that made sense. Too bad because they are nice units from the few I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior