Problem with an oil leak

Eric K

Observer
OK this isn't really Land Rover related (as my Land Rover doesn't leak! crossing fingers), however my daily driver does leak oil. At my current house it's not a big deal as I park in the street and the street gets the mess. I am moving into a new place with a nice, clean driveway and I really don't want to put a big ugly oil stain in the middle of it. Any ideas for something I could put down on the driveway?

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Is it engine oil or transmission fluid leaking? If engine oil, tighten the oil filter. If transmission fluid, replace the connector sleeve.

kcabpilot

Observer
Just to set the record straight (and I understand you said this wasn't a Land Rover issue) but contrary to popular myth my 2001 Discovery has never leaked nor used a drop of oil between changes in the ten years that I have owned it.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Just to set the record straight (and I understand you said this wasn't a Land Rover issue) but contrary to popular myth my 2001 Discovery has never leaked nor used a drop of oil between changes in the ten years that I have owned it.

A 2001 Discovery leaking is not a myth. You are stating anecdotal evidence of them not leaking. Disco 2s were leaking when they were on the showroom floor.

kcabpilot

Observer
No I swear it has never leaked. I use synthetic oil and go 9000 miles between changes and never once have I had to add a single drop. Maybe it's just my good vehicular karma - lol.

evilfij

Explorer
Walmart sells big trays that look like enormous cookie sheets to catch drips. I am sure other places have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior