New to my FZJ-80, PHH OK?

louie1726

Hi everyone, I wanted your thoughts on my PHH. I just bought this truck last week. Its a 94' FZJ-80 tri-locked with 238,xxx on the clock. I have no maintenance info on it wanted to see if anyone can tell just by looking at the PHH if it has been changed. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 23

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
I doubt that is stock. Toyota doesn't use that color hose or clamp style. But not sure you are OK either....

louie1726

Thanks for the input. Yeah I don't think its stock because it would be the only red hose in the car. And apparently there was a "pinch" clamp on the engine side whereas there is a screw in currently. I'm not too concerned with the condition of it, just a bit dirty.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
As others have said, it has definitely been replaced. But without knowing when it was replaced, nobody can really say whether it is OK. They can fail from the inside out. That said, I don't see anything that jumps out to me like it is going to imminently fail either. It doesn't appear to be silicone either. The silicone hoses are almost "forever" hoses and many people choose to swap those in so they don't have to worry about it again. I would look to replace that hose about every 100K or so to be on the safe side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94