Dual Motorcycle batteries for small camping trailer.

roverpat

Observer
I am making a trailer out of a Land Rover Freelander. (Its ok to laugh) I have chopped it at the A pillar and want to put most of the weight over the rear axle. That being said there is a small storage compartment in the cargo area that is deep enough for motorcycle battery on its side but not car batteries. My though is to put 2 odyssey sealed batteries in the compartment. My only uses at the moment where I will use the batteries are in camp where they will charge the cell phones and power the LED lights I am installing. While driving I will be charging them through the 7 pin trailer connector. Any an all input is welcomed.

roverpat

Observer
The size of the compartment is limiting factor. The AGM battery from my Kawasaki Voyager fits in on its side. A car battery will not fit. I will look into the 7 pin question you posed.

rayra

Expedition Leader
I would suggest these small SLA batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/2x-Pack-Repl...+UB12100-S+Universal+Sealed+Lead+Acid+Battery

They're 10.5Ah, 5-7/8" L x 2-1/2" W x 4-3/8" H, cost about $18 ea and less in multiples and can be put in any orientation.

I'm working out installing a few of them in my storage platform setup.

auxbatt034_zps3svz2xrj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94