280GE found

Thebus

Observer
Was driving around in New Jersey by high point found this guy! Going to call see what's going on with it...thought it'd be interesting for others to see..just for hoots would it even be worth looking at? It's been sitting for a long time as you can see the interior looks mint.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Body wise it doesn't look that bad (other than the one corner) but the real issues usually are under on the chassis / body supports. You also would need to ditch the wheels - or at least paint them black - way to 1980s...

JadeMonkey

I'd rock it if it wasn't too rusty. Don't know enough about their common issues to help out much though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Canada G

Observer
it is an 1979 or 1980. it has the standard 1 section rear bumper. you don't see those often. The G has been delivered without the MB hitch.
nice 460/461 bull bar. could have interest in that

Thebus

Observer
Gave a call no answer..im going to keep bothering until i get the scoop on it or get told to kick rocks..My lady wants it. So if shes on board with a new truck then of course i have to try!

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I would try to go and crawl around under it with a screwdriver to see how much rust there is under it... they are known to develop problems unfortunately - especially in places like the northeast with salt on roads.

Thebus

Observer
Let's say the underside checks out and he decides to sell..what should be the estimated dollar paid for one in non running sitting condition. They do seem pretty cheap when they're in better condition.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Those BBS wheels are worth at least $1K cleaned up. Very rare and hard to find. They even have center caps!

Canada G

Observer
at least 1K is maybe high. you have 2 sizes. the widest one are rarer than the other. it has the mb center caps. bbs center caps are very hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94