Wanted - Ambulance

Outlaw Images

Hey Hyperboarder I am on the search as well and man is it hard to find the right one

I want a van front Type3 box Ambo, I know that much.

And want a 7.3 Turbo Powerstroke for power so basically 1995 -2003, BUT prefer 1995-97 so I can avoid the California smog test hassle. Newer than 1997 and they require Smog.

Of course would like local but all searches (Craigs List, Ebay, Ambo dealers) has nothing local (Northern California) that fits this tiny window I have created for my success

And my budget, oh yea that is limited after a divorce that has left deep financial scars on my life

I am looking to convert it to RV to live in and travel with my Photography to motorsports events so #1 priority is Dependability, I cant have it breaking down due to cost or inconvenience that would come with it

Trying to educate myself at this point to keep learning so when I do pull the trigger on one it is the right one for me

Is there no Ambulance RV specific websites or forums out there? I found ambulancerv website, but it is dead and gone. Anyone know why?

Any other sources for info out there, want to see and study them all at this point

I run a couple Forums for past 10 years, would a specific community to Ambulance RV conversions fill a need?

Hope to post my own project soon

Brian

yzeevy

Adventurer
Hey Hyperboarder I am on the search as well and man is it hard to find the right one

And want a 7.3 Turbo Powerstroke for power so basically 1995 -2003, BUT prefer 1995-97 so I can avoid the California smog test hassle. Newer than 1997 and they require Smog.

Of course would like local but all searches (Craigs List, Ebay, Ambo dealers) has nothing local (Northern California) that fits this tiny window I have created for my success

And my budget, oh yea that is limited after a divorce that has left deep financial scars on my life

I am looking to convert it to RV to live in and travel with my Photography to motorsports events so #1 priority is Dependability, I cant have it breaking down due to cost or inconvenience that would come with it

Trying to educate myself at this point to keep learning so when I do pull the trigger on one it is the right one for me

Is there no Ambulance RV specific websites or forums out there? I found ambulancerv website, but it is dead and gone. Anyone know why?

Any other sources for info out there, want to see and study them all at this point

I run a couple Forums for past 10 years, would a specific community to Ambulance RV conversions fill a need?

Brian

You wont find another one like this one . . .
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/rvs/5835023425.html

Last edited:

yzeevy

Adventurer
Got a tentative ok from the wife, shopping time. Looking at light (Ford E-series cutaway based) and medium (International, Freightliner, etc.) duty at the moment. Ideally a DT466 or 7.3L engined, recently decommissioned unit in or around the pacific northwest. I'm fine with a fly and drive for the right one, located in Boise FWIW. A longer cab to fit kids up in the front with us would be awesome, but I know they're rarer. Budget is up in the air depending on the unit, under $10k is my current goal. If you have one or know of any, please let me know. Thanks!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/rvs/5835023425.html.

Last edited:

hyperboarder

Adventurer

Brian

Definitely some DIY RV forums, but no ambulance specific ones I've seen. I wish you luck man, there is not a lot of rhyme or reason to the prices it seems.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...835023425.html

2.5x my budget but it looks like a good one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior