Insulated Window Shades

Xsol99

I am trying to find what I believe was a build thread from last year, and/or possibly previous to that.

I believe it was a Discovery II, LR2, or LR3 and the owner had purchased a set of window covers for all his windows that were an insulated shade with a quilted stitch pattern. I believe the product was from the U.K. and cost around $200-$300. Then seemed like they fit really tight to the Windows.

The owner purchased the shades to cut down on light and condensation so he could sleep inside his vehicle.

Thank you for your help, and if you have additional recommendations I am open.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
I believe you are thinking of that Swedish guy with a Disco3. I saw several Swiss defenders with the same sort of thing. Super neat!

Shoogs

Shoogs
I am trying to find what I believe was a build thread from last year, and/or possibly previous to that.

I believe it was a Discovery II, LR2, or LR3 and the owner had purchased a set of window covers for all his windows that were an insulated shade with a quilted stitch pattern. I believe the product was from the U.K. and cost around $200-$300. Then seemed like they fit really tight to the Windows.

The owner purchased the shades to cut down on light and condensation so he could sleep inside his vehicle.

Thank you for your help, and if you have additional recommendations I am open.

http://www.solarscreen.com.au/

Good stuff...

Here's the response from SolarShield. Great timing, I literally got a response the next day ready to order!

Dear Eric

Greetings from downunder.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Prices for our product vary from vehicle to vehicle depending of the volume needed to cover the required windows.

Charges for sets to suit your Land Rover discovery 3/4 are as follows.

Touring Set (all rear glass behind the front doors including tailgate and/or barn doors) AU$256.36 (BEST SELLER - RECOMMENDED, most Dicsol owners choose this)

Cargo Set (generally the cargo or luggage area does not include side doors) AU$177.27

Cab Set (windscreen, driver and passenger fwd doors) AU$227.27

Full Set (all windows in the vehicle) AU$453.64

Post and Handling is additional depending on the volume.

Each set of Solarscreens is supplied with a waterproof, zippered, Denier bag for ease of storage when not in use.

Our product is fully guaranteed for 12 months and is made to order in Brisbane Queensland. Our suction cups perform exceptionally well over a very long period (years).

Our terms are: Visa or Master Cardds.

Our Screens are “made to order” and we do not carry shelf stock; normally we can make and dispatch within 3 days after receipt of payment.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact us again.

Thanks again for your interest.

Best Regards,

Al & Sue Curran

SOLARSCREEN
PO BOX 8 CARINA QLD 4152
Phone/Fax +61 7 3398 5500
Email: sales@solarscreen.com.au
ABN: 89 419 261 489

Pickups by appointment only.

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 9.24.06 PM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads