Gen 2.5 ome suspension

Clutch Cargo

Observer
Looking to replace my worn out shocks and springs with a new setup from ome and maybe gain a little more clearance for some 33x10.5 tired. I've searched on here before to find a distributor but don't see much. Looks like Sierra expeditions doesn't stick it on their site and the only place to buy is rocky road outfitters but they don't list the components in the kit so I'm not sure if it's a good price. Should I buy the full kit with torsion bars from them for $900? Should I just get shocks and rear springs? If I crank up the torsion bars is there a ball joint flip/spacer or low profile bump stops I should buy?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Several of us have purchased from Sierra with total satisfaction, they do not list a "kit" because not everyone wants the whole shebang, all of the part numbers are listed in the ARB online catalog and will pull up in a search on Sierra's website. I purchased when they offered free shipping and there was no sales tax, not sure what they have going now. And with the OME torsion bars you do not have to "crank" anything to increase ride height. Keep in mind that the OME setup only raises the vehicle about an inch, but the springs handle increased loads better and your overall handling will increase, you can completely remove the rear sway bar with complete peace of mind. As for the ball joint and bump stop questions, that has been covered and is best left in the stock configuration, search and read up on it to learn why.

evomaki

Observer
yup, what he said

Exactly what Jeep-N-Montero said. I went with the OME setup for my gen 2.5. Went with the regular rear springs as my ride isn't a loaded down expedition vehicle. Now I need to go back and get the OME torsion bars. Cranked the stock bars quite a bit and did not raise the FE much at all. Should not have cheaped out. Keep all the stock bump stops.

nckwltn

Explorer
I bought rear springs from sierra..... I had to punch in the exact model number, don't recall them having a "montero" option in the drop downs.

Clutch Cargo

Observer
I think I'm going to call Sierra to at least get a price. I'll probably end up getting the torsion bars too. Might as well since I plan on at least mounting a winch, possibly an arb off an fj cruiser later on down the road. I've been constantly checking tire rack and they finally have the general grabber x3 in stock in 33x10.5. Only thing that sucks is they're 60 lbs a piece vs most other tires 50 +\- lbs. I'm wondering how much that extra 10 lbs per tire is going to impact my power/fuel economy loss over other options (I was originally going to order ******** cepek extreme country). I think with heavy tires plus all my gear I'll be going with 4.90 gears as soon as I can.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I think I'm going to call Sierra to at least get a price. I'll probably end up getting the torsion bars too. Might as well since I plan on at least mounting a winch, possibly an arb off an fj cruiser later on down the road. I've been constantly checking tire rack and they finally have the general grabber x3 in stock in 33x10.5. Only thing that sucks is they're 60 lbs a piece vs most other tires 50 +\- lbs. I'm wondering how much that extra 10 lbs per tire is going to impact my power/fuel economy loss over other options (I was originally going to order ******** cepek extreme country). I think with heavy tires plus all my gear I'll be going with 4.90 gears as soon as I can.

What are you waiting for? My wife even loves to drive Monty more than her Mazda, it really is that good!

All-Terrain

No Road Required
Do the OME springs require OME shocks? I have brand new KYB Monomax's on my truck - hate to have to change them out.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Do the OME springs require OME shocks? I have brand new KYB Monomax's on my truck - hate to have to change them out.

You can get by with them for now, but the OME spring rates are matched to their shocks and the kyb's are about 1.5 inches shorter than the OME.

Camryn64

go for this.. dont hesitate :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles