Boise Meet Up

Snowgeek135

Observer
Dang this next few weeks are crazy for me, it would be great to meet up with other van geeks!

Have to catch you next time,

Ryan

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
in! appreciate the invite naterry!

anyone know the gent who lives just up the hill from the hollow that always has some sort of rhd van around his property? he had a hiace a while back and now hes got a delcia, along with a few vans sold on this island.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I'm in, won't be there till around 7:30ish
Hopefully we get a few rigs to show up. I was going to drop a note on a few in the neighborhood.

Conundrum

Observer
I might swing by but it will be tight for time. Snowgeek, you must be Ryan F. I'm Pierce's buddy Nate. We met a couple years ago.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
may hove rounded up a person or two from the smb forums. regardless bump up for tomorrow.

snowgeek, pretty cool little rig. sure you cant make it out for a little bit? would love to check it out as well.

I'm buying ANOTHER freaking van tonight at 6. I'll be by after that with my new toy. My little brother, Petrolburner, happens to be in town and he will be along as well. Sans van however.

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
I'm buying ANOTHER freaking van tonight at 6. I'll be by after that with my new toy. My little brother, Petrolburner, happens to be in town and he will be along as well. Sans van however.

Funny on both accounts....I can't stop looking at other vans, and I was going to ask in another thread if petrolburner was coming to the Boise meet.
See you guys at 730ish

I've never been excited about my "starter" van. It is in the config I wanted but the huge repair bill 24 hours after I bought it just to get it back to Idaho left a really sour taste in my mouth. I just didn't have that warm and fuzzy feeling to sink all this money in it. Yesterday up pops a 97 350 EB V10 Club Wagon XLT on CL. $3k asking price. I decided to check it out. Super duper clean. Power everything. Exterior near perfect. Interior near perfect. Motor runs great. 196k miles. 4 brand new Cooper Discoverer ATP tires. The catch? Transmission is totally shot. I told guy I wasn't ready to throw out an offer. He threw out $2000 and said he wanted it gone. I slept on it and offered $1500 this morning. He passed but took $1800 when I countered. And that catch? I need to pull the tranny apart to change to 4wd and I had a rebuild budgeted anyways! Ha! I got me one screaming deal on this thing. Way more excited about this one! IMG_0011.JPG

Thanks to everybody that came out! Nate, awesome to meet you! The rest of you, we shall see you around hopefully sooner rather than later.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 13

Jsweezy

Explorer
I totally saw that one on craigslist and was thinking it would be a killer deal for someone doing a 4wd, thats awesome! Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier