The Overlanding Podcast

800days

Observer
Hi Guys, not sure if this is allowed on the forum but will give it a shot. We’ve set up a podcast dedicated to Overlanding (cyclists, cars, 4x4, motorcyclists and trucks). The venture is currently not commercial and definitely not for profit. The Overlanding Podcast is simply a vehicle for Overlanders to get their stories out their for other overlanders.

Being facilitators we’re looking to hear from Overlanders who have interesting stories (unique trips, unique vehicles, etc). You can email us at aroundtheworldin800days@mail.com subject heading podcast interview.

We’re still finding our feet… but if you want to have a listen you can find us on iTunes and Stitcher by searching ‘the overlanding podcast’ or listen directly on our website… http://www.theoverlandingpodcast.com

LR Max

Local Oaf
I'm not familiar but will download what you've got. I'll be in the car a bunch in the next week or so.

LR Max

Local Oaf
So I've been listening to your podcast.

Your content is great. The people you talk to are wonderful.

My only issue is the sound quality. Many of your guests are soft spoken, which is fine. However the volume of voices are different, so one minute someone is talking, and they are pretty much mumbling, then he tells a joke and now laughter blasts through the speakers. In my car, the volume differences are so great that I cannot listen to your podcast while driving.

So that would be my main suggestion. Just try to get everyone on the same volume level. Otherwise, keep them coming!

800days

Observer
So I've been listening to your podcast.

Your content is great. The people you talk to are wonderful.

My only issue is the sound quality. Many of your guests are soft spoken, which is fine. However the volume of voices are different, so one minute someone is talking, and they are pretty much mumbling, then he tells a joke and now laughter blasts through the speakers. In my car, the volume differences are so great that I cannot listen to your podcast while driving.

So that would be my main suggestion. Just try to get everyone on the same volume level. Otherwise, keep them coming!

Thanks for the feedback, it's an issue we are trying to resolve. We are new to the whole podcast game and especially digital recording. Hopefully the quality is getting better. Unfortunately, by the nature of what we do, we have to record many of the podcasts via Skype, this is proving problematic as the internet connections in various countries are not so good, the other problem we encounter is that some people don't have very good mics on there computers and so the difference in quality from our end to their end is massive. I'm still learning the editing software so hopefully we can resolve some of these problems. Thanks for the support and please do stick with us as I'm sure we'll improve with age. Thanks.

SootyCamper

Love the podcast man! Wish someone with a unimog or some of these ************ expedition trucks would contact you for an interview! hint hunt nudge nudge folks ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles