Rear mounted awning room?

bigjohndatsun

Hi everyone,

Interested to see if anyone has mounted an arb style awning room off the back of their truck? More specifically I would like to use it with a small wood stove to heat the awning room and bed (in the bed of truck).

Right now I use my canopy and truck bed(2013 silverado) as my sleeping station but in the winter weather I like to heat the area via giant tarp and some poles. This by myself is a pain in the butt to setup especially in incliment weather. I have only seen arb rooms mounted off the side. Hopefully some full size guys can chime in.

anickode

Adventurer
I know I've seen it done... might consider some of the swing out styles too like the Bat. Opens out 270 degrees to enclose a much larger area. Wall kits are available.

robert

Expedition Leader
Given how simple most of the attachable walls are it should be pretty simple to make your own if you have a sewing machine that will handle it or have a local tent/awning place sew it up for you.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
When I eventually get my Jeep back the Yukon, I plan to do exactly the same thing.

I'll make walls, and a provision for a tiny wood stove so I can get out winter camping.

My awning is the ARB 1250 which is the perfect fit on the back of the Jeep - it doesn't hang over at all.

africa-jk-arb-awning-rear-open-720x480.jpg

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior