My K30 Blazer - One Tons, 40's and an LS Swap

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Cult thats one beefy:Wow1: looking motor you got there. Can we have some details on that plant? Nice pics there bud! Cheers, Chilli...:)

Cult Hero

Observer
thanks man. It is an LQ9 out of a 2005 Escalade ESV. 6.0l that I swapped injectors, intake and valve springs off a Trailblazer SS then tuned. Puts out around 450hp which is plenty to move the big girl around.

Trans is a 4l65e and the Transfer case is a NP241c with a slip yoke eliminator kit on it.

more can be found at my channel.

Merricks Garage YouTube

Cult Hero

Observer
Part of my build was getting a stable, safe, seating platform for my kids. I wanted three shoulder belts integrated into the seat along with less than 50 inch width. Found it in an escalade rear bench

Ivan

Lost in Space
Has anyone told you you sound a bit like Bill Burr?

I was just watching your soft top video and it clicked when you said "...my retarded cousin". I mean it as a compliment, hopefully it's not coming across as an insult, lol.

BigTex

Observer
Really impressed with your rig! It's awesome that the whole family can use it too. I think I've watched all the videos and checked out the website, it's all great. Glad you found us!

Cult Hero

Observer
well cheers guys. Just got back from a weekend of camping and wheeling with my two youngest kids at Pismo Dunes. Just an overnight but they loved it and I managed to snap another driveshaft!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Cool looking video there Merrick! I love the polished video style. Are you into profesional video? All i need to see is barbeque shots and vids of your truck jumping off those sand dunes...
Next time you drop a driveshaft you should visit these guys...

http://www.patsdriveline.com/

Never a droped shaft that I have bought from them...:)

Cult Hero

Observer
wow, polished video style! Thanks man. I am no professional just an enthusiast. 99% shot on my iPhone lol!

I think the shaft is having issues as it is too little slip. Gonna get this sorted out with my driveline guy. Seems to pull the splines and then 450 hp has a habit of ripping the yoke apart lol.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
wow, polished video style! Thanks man. I am no professional just an enthusiast. 99% shot on my iPhone lol!

I think the shaft is having issues as it is too little slip. Gonna get this sorted out with my driveline guy. Seems to pull the splines and then 450 hp has a habit of ripping the yoke apart lol.

450 hp! i can understand your problem! Nice rig mate and keep those vids coming! We all love em. Cheers, Chilli..:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior