ARB Simpson III RTT for sale $1200

AbnMike

Observer
SOLD

Great condition ARB Simpson III for sale. Located in Morgantown, WV, about an hour and a half south of Pittsburgh. Includes the Annex and a ladder extension for lifted vehicles.

We love it but going in a different direction with a camper trailer instead (since my Land Rover won't fit in the garage with the tent on it and I don't want the tent to spend most of its life standing in a corner). Cover has some snags on it from trees and whatnot but doesn't leak. Tent itself would be hard to tell from a brand new one side by side.

Asking $1050 OBO Retail is over $1700 for tent and annex. Annex is large enough for two full sized cots and still have room to change. Great for keeping dogs inside while you sleep, or put your kids down there on cots while you sleep up top, or vice versa.

Local pick up, but can probably meet someone within an hour's drive or so if they're committed to buying it.

We just used this on Saturday camping for our last group camp and it rained for about 10 hours on Saturday, didn't leak a drop in the tent or in the annex. Dryest camping we've ever had, and with the annex you can leave all your wet stuff downstairs rather than having it in the tent with you. As you can see from the pics, I was able to have it configured for side open or rear open (which could also open up over the hood if you wanted).

Attachments

• RTT.jpg
    RTT.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Camping.jpg
    Camping.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

AbnMike

Observer
I would also entertain a trade for a small displacement street legal motorcycle like an old Kawasaki KE 100 or Honda CB 125 or the like. For a trade it must be worth the equivalent (so in great shape) and have a title. This would be for the wife to ride dirt roads, back roads, etc with me or use as a camping bike.

AbnMike

Observer
You can have the truck for $12,000 and I'll throw in the tent for free. :)

And yes, it is a very nice set up. Even cruises at 70-75 mph as long as you're not going up mountains. Takes a bit to turn those 255s. Once they wear out I'm dropping back to 235s.

AbnMike

Observer
I have a vintage Honda 70 if you're interested. Awesome shape.

Thanks for the offer but looking for something a little bigger that can be used around town as well as the campsite/dirt roads. It's for the wife to be able to ride while camping with me, trail riding, or me bombing around town like a goon on.

Great little bike though, had one as a kid.

AbnMike

Observer
Bumping this $1050.

If I take it off the truck to get my truck into the garage for winter preventative maintenance I'll just keep it instead. This is about $700 off the cost of new one and you won't see any wear and tear on my tent at all. Probably slept in no more than 10 times.

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Bumping this $1050.

If I take it off the truck to get my truck into the garage for winter preventative maintenance I'll just keep it instead. This is about $700 off the cost of new one and you won't see any wear and tear on my tent at all. Probably slept in no more than 10 times.

Dude, you aren't making this easy. Whereabouts in WV are you? I'm in the canton oh area. Go Browns. :/

AbnMike

Observer
Dude, you aren't making this easy. Whereabouts in WV are you? I'm in the canton oh area. Go Browns. :/

Morgantown, WV, about 3 hours from you.

We love the thing. But with a Disco .... well there's maintenance that needs to be done. We bought a house here and my Disco is lifted 2" and running tall tires, so with the tent I can't get into the garage. Even without the tent I have to let the air out of the tires to get it in there, so taking it off and on anytime I need to service the truck (esp with a 110lb wife) rapidly becomes a pain in the butt, and increases the chance of damaging the tent, the Discovery, or one of us.

If I had an adventure style trailer I'd just throw it on top of there. I have my eye out for a military-style trailer and if I find one I'll probably keep the tent.

Since I have to do a brake job on the Discovery and need it in the garage I've lowered the price so that I only have to take it off and sell it.

If I don't sell it before I take it off in a week or so to work on my truck I'll probably keep it since it's a great tent.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I had a rtt, minus the clearance issues in the garage, but still didn't dig it on the roof of my junk. Pain in the butt if I wanted to run off somewhere from camp.

So...a conundrum. Buy your tent, or sell you my M-416? Hmmm. :)

AbnMike

Observer
Depending on the condition, etc....a trade could be possible with money exchanging hands.

I could always pick up another RTT at a later point but a trailer would be nice to have since we don't have a truck now.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Wouldn't be interested in a trade honestly. I'll not have another tent without a trailer to put it on. Did that before, didn't like it. If you're interested in the trailer I'll shoot you a pic or 2, and then decide if I really want to part with it. I sold one already and they're getting really hard to find in decent shape, let alone affordable. They're great little multi-purpose trailers.

Outwardbound

Observer
DROPPED PRICE TO $1050

Great condition ARB Simpson III for sale. Located in Morgantown, WV, about an hour and a half south of Pittsburgh. Includes the Annex and a ladder extension for lifted vehicles.

We love it but going in a different direction with a camper trailer instead (since my Land Rover won't fit in the garage with the tent on it and I don't want the tent to spend most of its life standing in a corner). Cover has some snags on it from trees and whatnot but doesn't leak. Tent itself would be hard to tell from a brand new one side by side.

Asking $1050 OBO Retail is over $1700 for tent and annex. Annex is large enough for two full sized cots and still have room to change. Great for keeping dogs inside while you sleep, or put your kids down there on cots while you sleep up top, or vice versa.

Local pick up, but can probably meet someone within an hour's drive or so if they're committed to buying it.

We just used this on Saturday camping for our last group camp and it rained for about 10 hours on Saturday, didn't leak a drop in the tent or in the annex. Dryest camping we've ever had, and with the annex you can leave all your wet stuff downstairs rather than having it in the tent with you. As you can see from the pics, I was able to have it configured for side open or rear open (which could also open up over the hood if you wanted).
How many people does this sleep? What are the dimensions packed up?

I have a cvt bachelor extended Summit Series I'm looking to unload thst was used once and I need a bigger tent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AbnMike

Observer
How many people does this sleep? What are the dimensions packed up?

I have a cvt bachelor extended Summit Series I'm looking to unload thst was used once and I need a bigger tent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm on travel with limited access and only via phone. Maybe dimensions are on the ARB site?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz