Securing a Zodi Extreme water tank

Scoutman

Explorer
I picked up a NIB Zodi Extreme shower (no heater) for $40 the other day off of CL and am looking for a way to secure it to the wall of my truck bed. I would like to have it upright and close to the tailgate so I can use the pressurized water for cooking, washing dishes, rinsing off, filling dog water bowl, etc. Any good ideas out there short of some straps, bungees, jumbo quickfist's or some $100+ bracket? The walls of the tank seem kind of thin so I hate for it to be bounced around with the rest of the gear back there. Easily removable to heat on the stove is a bonus. Lockable is a double bonus. The tank diameter is pretty close to 8.375"

MANUCHAO

Aventurero
I use quickfist for my Zodi.
I also have used gear twist ties for 5Gal water jugs and these work great as well....
You could also get a fire extinguisher bracket and mod the metal band to fit your Zodi...

Scoutman

Explorer
I use quickfist for my Zodi.
I also have used gear twist ties for 5Gal water jugs and these work great as well....
You could also get a fire extinguisher bracket and mod the metal band to fit your Zodi...

So far those seem to be the best options. I had a buddy with a steel 20# CO2 tank bracket and while it's intended for the bigger 8" tanks it would need some mods to fit the Zodi. The backing part of the mount worked fine since it was close enough to the diameter. I think a couple of quick fists and one of these would work but now the cost is adding up.

A TH108 bracket from 4bsbrackets would probably work too but I'd probably want 2 of them and they're about $30 each.

Scoutman

Explorer
2cd59486d8ee49c4448f310de4b01fca.jpg

aeb6e24d1c3cb2dc3d575f62ea17ce5d.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Scoutman

Explorer
95c554f86547ad63021941a00db4a9d8.jpg

The arms don't have the correct curve and want to scratch and dent the tank

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads