• Heck Yeah!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tlin

Adventurer
Added a poll above....

I saw one of these today in a parking lot on my way home. Spent a few minutes looking at it, appears to be a well made little unit.

Axle and wheel/tire swap and off you go with your overland trailer (don't know if it'd support an RTT or not). Anyone care to comment here - terrible platform or not a bad idea?

cheers...

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
You're not going to haul 1000 lbs. Not for camping. Send them an email and ask if the lid would support a 150 lbs of tent.
I don't like the 4 foot wall height. The pics show a lower, more around 30" height. That would be more acceptable. How much are they?
I'd upgrade the wheels to bigger than 13", that's too small and fast spinning. What kind of truck do you have? Probably look at matching hubs.
Good start though

tlin

Adventurer
The one I saw was shorter, like this (NOT the 4' height that their website takes you to that you noticed).

They seem pricey ($3K) from what I've seen them listed for.

Tow vehicle will be a GX470.

Good idea to send them a request for what that lid would support, I shot them a note.

tlin

Adventurer
Heard back from a reseller - lid's not going to hold anything, no RTT possible. Bad idea, thread is dead, carry on....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior