An over-the-land aerial expedition

emcinco

So this might be a bit different for around here but bare with me!
Having done a trip through Africa in a Landrover years ago, we decided to use a different format this time!
Follow along as we fly a small bushplane from Colorado to Patagonia, and back! We are currently in Panama having flown about 2,500 Nautical Miles.
We'll try to camp along the way when possible.

Follow us on the blog at: www.emcincofliessouth.com and there you'll find a link to our tracker.
We're on instagram @emcinco

Waiting on permits for Colombia.
Stay safe out there folks!
Paul, Sara and Emcinco

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Very nice, the ultimate overlanding vehicle in my opinion. I've browsed some of your website entries, very interesting read and nice scenery.

A friend of mine has a Maule and let me take the stick for a bit, it was a sunny day and thus bounced around quite a bit. I felt like it was a handful compared to the Cessna I was used to. Plus I hadn't flown in a while, and he said he's since got it trimmed in a bit better. But I didn't care that much I was glad to be actually flying it and not just babysitting the stick as it hummed along.

Seemed like it might be tiring over the long haul, but it makes me think of the Maule as the 4x4 of aircraft, rugged and a bit rough, I loved it.

He also has patroller doors, I'd never been in a plane with those before and really liked the openness and visibility. I see you have them as well, and with the scenery your flying over I bet you wouldn't have it any other way.

Best of luck on your travels.

kcabpilot

Observer
Brother and me had a 2004 M7-235C and I kept a blog for a number of years. We called ourselves the Maulebros. Only difference was we went north instead of south. The Maule was a good hauler and always took care of us.

emcinco

Thanks for replies folks. It's good to see some fellow adventure pilots on the forums.
We are in Colombia, really liking it so far. Ecuador next!
For those interested in backcountry flying, I have a couple of videos on YT, one in Utah and the other in Arizona. Search for emcinco's flying adventures on YT.
The Maule has been great, I call it the 'flying landrover' because its loud, its slow and it leaks when it rains!
Take care folks.

emcinco

In Peru

A quick update from us. We just crossed into Peru, took two weeks for the permit to come through. It feels good to be back in the air after a break of almost three weeks touring Ecuador by car, boat, foot!
Things are drying out now that we are through the ITCZ. We looked for GS's, Landrovers and KTM's as we flew over the Panamerican hiway but too hazy!
A new blog update can be found at: www.emcincofliessouth.com
Take care all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles