Need ideas for my new f350 build.

Paddy

Adventurer
Recently got this old turd running again and scored a clean utility bed for it that will be swapped in soon. Looking for ideas for a camper build. I'm looking at pop ups, slide ins, and tent top ideas. Maybe a wildernest, maybe something full custom. I've done a few pretty wild aluminum camper tops already so sky is the limit.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 98

F350joe

Here is what I am working on.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Recently found the old 50's camper on Craigslist for just a few hundred bucks. It fits my 6.5' flatbed perfectly and is really good condition despite decades of dust. There are some longbed Pop up Alaskans for sale in CA last I checked for just a few hundred bucks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 62

Paddy

Adventurer
I like the idea behind the Alaskans. I may fabricate something along those lines. Want to utilize the cab roof top area for something too however, it looks like you already have. Nice truck.

Paddy

Adventurer
Got the bed on and I love it! Nice 4x8 area inside bed, and tons of storage, yet the bed is actually a little narrower than a factory bed. Lot of waster space from the factory. The extra weight the bed provides gives the truck a nice balanced feel on the street also. These 1 tons need a little weight in them.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 62

Paddy

Adventurer
Got the rear bumper mounted up. Funny I didn't like it's looks with the factory bed but the utility bed seems to set it off properly. Backup cam is working and wonderful for trailering. I can see my hitch perfectly and just nail the coupler every time now. Also helpful for parking lots so i don't have to waste my weekend rubbing other colors of paint off my bumper.

Attachments

• IMG_2939.jpg
    IMG_2939.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 74

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Nice! Love the look and that generation of trucks. I really want to go from my 98 F-150 to a 7.3 Excursion or F250. Same generation because they're super sexy.

Paddy

Adventurer
Thanks. Yeah I agree these gen are very attractive. The newer ones are too thick looking and chromed.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Got the rear bumper mounted up. Funny I didn't like it's looks with the factory bed but the utility bed seems to set it off properly. Backup cam is working and wonderful for trailering. I can see my hitch perfectly and just nail the coupler every time now. Also helpful for parking lots so i don't have to waste my weekend rubbing other colors of paint off my bumper.

Love the rear wheel flare!!

F350joe

That is coming together nice. Love all the outside storage but looks like you have enough room to sleep in the bed. W

tremec

Love the utility bed idea, great inspiration. Looking forward to more updates and seeing where you decide to go with this build.:wings:

Betarocker

Adventurer
Looking good.

If you think you might want to regear to 4.10s and install ARB lockers, I do have my 04 for sale. Just a short trip across the border. And it's Canadian pesos. Also has a few other goodies on it which would transfer over.

Paddy

Adventurer
Thanks but I want the taller gears for economy I think. Plus the diesel doesn't mind chugging a little. Seems geared about right to me with 35's but I could be wrong. I do want a truetrac in back but I'll have to wait. Spent my allowance on the damn coolest jack I've ever seen. Well worth the lofty price I'd say. Plus it fits pretty snug in one of my service boxes.

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 37

XJINTX

Explorer
Just returned from a trip that I had the only full sized. Mine is a 2009 F250 with an FWC. One big issue, I WILL resolve asap, is that I don't have sliders but I have factory side steps. I did not destroy them but could have very easily. Luckily on one bigger ledge someone else had built up with pile of stones. If you or anyone has a good source for well built sliders on F250 please advise!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94