Your kitchen sink?

SFL_driver

Observer
for doing dishes and such
have a chafing pan that is awesome :)
tough easy to clean out and can put it on the stove to heat up water which is nice

a basic rubber maid we have been using for some time
works good for wash basin for personal use to
BUT plastics pros cons
if anything is greasy they tend to take a bit more to clean out ?
but its nice light and fits other stuff inside just right for our use :)

kinda thinking of going to two chafing pans and ditch the plastic ? but $ at this point its working so why bother

cleaning up greasy plates and such we use these kitchen scrub wipes forgot the brand but they work awesome at removing almost everything so the soap water clean up is minimal
we used to use baby wipes for this but someone here mentioned the scruby ones and they work better and our kids are not baby wipe stage anymore :)

I'll have to look for those scrubbing wipes you're talking about. As for baby wipes, never go camping without them. Great for "washing off" before bed. Had a buddy that went three months straight without a shower while he was deployed as a sniper. All they had to use were baby wipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I started out with the Coleman folding sink option but it's surprisingly big and takes a lot of water to fill. Not easy when water isn't on tap.

Second solution was packing all my dishes in a Rubbermaid that was just the right size for dishwashing. It did double duty because you know it can fit your plates since it's their storage when you're not eating. The problem was emptying it all out and letting it dry afterwards. Best space/weight saver option but worst time saver option.

Recently I made a chuck box that is too big for doubling as a wash basin (although it can) and switched to burnable paper plates and bowls. Then all I have to do it boil water in the pot/pan I cooked in, then clean it and the silverware I cooked with. The rest either goes in the garbage or the fire that night.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Here is another vote for collapsible plastic ware/tubs/bowls; light and compact once collapsed.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• nearly done DSCF0230.jpg
    nearly done DSCF0230.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 326

lockedwheels

Adventurer
I'm in the process of making mine. It's a serving dish for a buffet. It's stainless steel, just have to drill the hole to mount the drain. Here it is mocked up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah they are awesome for keeping clean when one cant shower etc...

looked up what we are using
http://www.lysol.com/products/disinfectant-wipes/lysol-dual-action-disinfecting-wipes/

sure there are a TON of other options :) so more just FYI than saying get these ;) hahahahahah
they do hold up well and the scruby side seems to be very effective

I'll have to look for those scrubbing wipes you're talking about. As for baby wipes, never go camping without them. Great for "washing off" before bed. Had a buddy that went three months straight without a shower while he was deployed as a sniper. All they had to use were baby wipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lockedwheels

Adventurer
I'm in the process of making mine. It's a serving dish for a buffet. It's stainless steel, just have to drill the hole to mount the drain. Here it is mocked up.

Finished product.

7b300df61df300b9d648eee70d78bb1d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier