Manual Prime on 2007 FG140 not working

Buckstopper

Adventurer
I have also seen that some other people have connected an after market primer in the line and not relied on the OEM primer on top of the fuel filter.

The previous owner did this to my truck and it works well. Even the mechanics at the local Fuso dealer like the idea...

Buckstopper

unkamonkey

Explorer
I'm not sure about how the 92 is set up, but my vintage is a common rail system which is much more tolerant of a bit of air in the system as long as there is fuel enough at the injectors to start.
It is a common rail system and that is why I like it. I've had to go out To help friends fire up a diesel that has run out of fuel in a truck or tractor. Not that much fun.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Can someone give some specifics about what aftermarket primer pump you installed and where? Also, maybe a photo?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Can someone give some specifics about what aftermarket primer pump you installed and where? Also, maybe a photo?

Sorry somehow let this slip by - I have a KTI FilterBoss (35gph) mounted in the service body just aft of the air cleaner (so between the cab and the passenger side fuel tank).

It has a fuel pump that can be used to re-prime the system after changing filters, etc. I talked with KTI Systems and it is a 100% duty cycle pump so you could use it to supplement or supplant the OEM pump if necessary - always nice to have a bit of redundancy in the systems!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles