5.0 Coyote motor in an E series?

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I really wish Ford would have kept producing the e series vans and kept up on the drive train. I would have loved to buy a brand new EB 6.2 six speed.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Wasn't that engine supercharged in many vehicles?

Sounds like a reasonably simple retrofit with some tuning.

The 5.4 was only supercharged in the Lighting and the GT as far as I know.

I rented a 20 foot(i think) box truck when I moved this summer. A two bedroom house's contents stuffed in the back as well as towing a heavy u haul trailer with my 69 firebird. I was suprised how much power it had since I've only driven diesel super duties no gassers. I popped the hood to confirm it was the v10 and was suprised to see 5.4 on the sticker.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
The cutaway chassis is different in the rear so probably not. But...... anything is possible I guess! Would need to be a fairly late model van.

The CAD model I have for the E-series frame is the 138" WB Cut-away. It is different in many respects but not so different that it couldn't be used in a creative swap sorta way.

The biggest difference I notice is that the cross members on the Cut-away chassis are not all the same as the cargo and passenger vans. If you have a frame that came with an aft-of-axle tank, chances are the cross members in that frame won't work with a mid-ship tank.

TeleSteve

Adventurer
When I checked out the Sportsmobile cutaway prototype/concept the fiber glass section had a raised floor compared to passenger/cargo vans. I was told by a salesman this was because the frame on the cutaways is higher in the back. If this is true a body swap may require a slight body lift or some floor mods to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior