Another homemade drawers thread.

Lwrc_rep1

I used a pin in each rear corner of the drawers that hits on two pieces of angle iron mounted to the framing below the drawer. Jst have to pull the pins to be able to fully remove the drawer. I would take pics but the pins are buried right at the moment.

08Silverado

Adventurer
Can you please show more detail and describe how you installed the drawer front latches and their latching mechanism. I'm building a similar setup and would appreciate the help. Great job!

Lwrc_rep1

I cannot find any pictures of those steps. But basically I made a solid drawer, then made separate drawer fronts cut to fit the full opening. I used southco paddle latches. I cut the front of the drawer fronts to fit the latches and only had to router out the back of the drawer front for the latch mechanism on the top. As for the catches I used steel angle iron.

Lwrc_rep1

Can you please show more detail and describe how you installed the drawer front latches and their latching mechanism. I'm building a similar setup and would appreciate the help. Great job!

Good luck on yours by the way. I think I spent almost as much time trying to figure out how I was going to do something than it took me to actually do it. It is definately worth it in the end, I use mine every single day and refused to pay truckvault $3000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles