Fridge to fit 2 gallon jugs?

NatersXJ6

Explorer
So I'm trying to find a fridge for my wife's car as a Christmas gift. It needs to be as small and light as possible but still hold at least 2 one gallon milk jugs. all I have is an ARB 50, and that is far too big. I think the 35 is too big as well. Does anyone have a suggestion based on actually having one? All of the websites I see show external dimensions but internals. I also seem to have no retail sites within a few hundred miles, so this is probably an order item.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
So I'm trying to find a fridge for my wife's car as a Christmas gift. It needs to be as small and light as possible but still hold at least 2 one gallon milk jugs. all I have is an ARB 50, and that is far too big. I think the 35 is too big as well. Does anyone have a suggestion based on actually having one? All of the websites I see show external dimensions but internals. I also seem to have no retail sites within a few hundred miles, so this is probably an order item.

Well you need to checkout these listed.

Waeco CF-16

Waeco CF-21

Waeco CFX-28, ( This gets my Vote. )

The CFX-28 might be a bit big for the Mrs to lug around but I think it makes a good multipurpose size fridge,

Hope this helps,

j

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Thank you. I've done the Internet searching, and read the article on the Expo main page, but I was really hoping to hear from someone who actually owns a little fridge. Did we all choose the big ones for the most functionality? I was looking also at the Dometic 18 Qt, but amazon reviews say one milk jug needs lo lay on its side... Not sure that reviewer knew what they were saying... But...

As an alternate question, does anyone know of a large stocking retailer between the Bay area and San Diego? I'm not exactly shopping price, so I can road trip somewhere and impulse buy if I see the right item.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Thank you. I've done the Internet searching, and read the article on the Expo main page, but I was really hoping to hear from someone who actually owns a little fridge. Did we all choose the big ones for the most functionality? I was looking also at the Dometic 18 Qt, but amazon reviews say one milk jug needs lo lay on its side... Not sure that reviewer knew what they were saying... But...

As an alternate question, does anyone know of a large stocking retailer between the Bay area and San Diego? I'm not exactly shopping price, so I can road trip somewhere and impulse buy if I see the right item.
Well for normal shopping type stuff I use a 29 Ltr Electric/12v coolers it does drop the Temp down pretty low and it only cost about 50 or 60 bucks and it can run off 12v or 230v so it is Ideal for shopping etc and it has built in storage for the power leads, and it has a Single Carry handle so it is easy to move around,

Scoutman

Explorer
I have a cfx-35us and I'm pretty sure it will hold (4) 1 gallon jugs. I'm not finding the interior dimensions on the 28 (since it's relatively new) but given it's outside dimensions compared to the 35 I'm guessing it's about as small as you can go and still carry 2 jugs upright. It's about the same length and height but is narrower.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I ended up with a pretty good deal on a CFX 28. Amazon had it to my door for $442.

I can answer my original question. It will not hold 2 gallons of Milk unless they are laid on the side and stacked. I don't trust milk jugs that much.

I chose this one because it appeared to be the smallest unit available with built-in AC power. Managing a separate transformer for AC operation seemed too annoying. The overall size seems about right for my wife's needs, so I think this will be a really good choice in the long run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior