Jk roof Rack

Out2PLAY

Observer
Planning to get a roof rack for Tent and awing. I need some feedback

I can't decide between Teraflex Nebo Roof Rack or SLIMLINE II EXTREME ROOF RACK KIT - BY FRONT RUNNER

Love the design of Nebo but not enough space to add solar panels or carry extra items

Slimline II - not low profile

Terex

Adventurer
Is it a JK or a JKU? Both racks require drilling through the roof, but the rack for the JK requires several drill spots with large holes and clamping the assembly to the roll cage. I have a JK Rubicon and I needed a rack at the last minute for a trip (long story). The only rack I could get quick enough was the Slimline II. It's probably the strongest rack you can buy and has lots of accessories but its a bit of a pain to install. I have a Frontrunner stainless steel table I can mount under my rack. With the brackets for the table installed on the under side of the rack, you can't remove the roof panels over the seat. If you have a JKU, you should still be able to install the table brackets and be able to remove the Freedom panels.

Review the installation instructions carefully, and consider the options that Frontrunner offers.

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Frontrunner rack is much better looking than the teraflex (Nissan Xterra inspired) rack, IMHO.
Drive up to the valley and visit frontrunner, they have a jku with the rack parked out front, nice showroom.

The rhino rack backbone rack is another option, but lacks the full length aspect of the frontrunner.
Gobi makes the massive heavy cage rack, but it is heavy and massive and the jku most likely will not like the weight with the rack and the tent.
Another option is just the backbone and crossbars from rhino rack for your tent, as you are going to cover an entire platform rack with the tent, and that's just wasted money and weight.
Awning should be able to mount to the crossbars also.
Not sure where the solar panels would go unless you went flexible and mounted to the RTT cover.
That's a lot of **** mounted on top of a JKU though.

Out2PLAY

Observer
Frontrunner rack is much better looking than the teraflex (Nissan Xterra inspired) rack, IMHO.
Drive up to the valley and visit frontrunner, they have a jku with the rack parked out front, nice showroom.

The rhino rack backbone rack is another option, but lacks the full length aspect of the frontrunner.
Gobi makes the massive heavy cage rack, but it is heavy and massive and the jku most likely will not like the weight with the rack and the tent.
Another option is just the backbone and crossbars from rhino rack for your tent, as you are going to cover an entire platform rack with the tent, and that's just wasted money and weight.
Awning should be able to mount to the crossbars also.
Not sure where the solar panels would go unless you went flexible and mounted to the RTT cover.
That's a lot of **** mounted on top of a JKU though.

Thanks - Good idea. I am in LA so i should visit them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94