Land Rover LR3 18" Wheels...Advice Please

SWRJ1430

Hello,

Changing the wheels and tires that are currently on my Land Rover LR3 from 20" to 18". I am having a problem finding 18" wheels (other than stock). I am aware of the ones offered on the Johnson rod website but want other options.

Any Suggestions?

I do like the Fuel Boost D534 but they are unavailable now.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

colb45

Observer
I got a set of 5 of these guys, suffered from the same problem. Put BFG KO2s (265/65-18) on it and they work perfect, cant remember the offsets but they sit awesome and have no issues for rubbing etc.

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=slalom&fn=gloss+gunmetal

Also have them in a silver

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=slalom&fn=gloss+silver&dm=18&bp=5x120

Couldn't justify the price for anything else and the wait times were ridiculous. Depending where you go you can probably pick them up for cheaper. For the price tag couldn't complain, and would buy them again. Probably will when i build my trailer to have a matching set.

perkj

Explorer
if you plan to wheel the LR3 and because of its weight, I'd suggest sticking with the factory 18" rims are they are built to take on the task of carrying the monstrous weight of the LR3. A lot of rims are very cheaply made.

SWRJ1430

Thanks everyone.

If anyone has any 18" stock Land Rover LR3 wheels that will fit a 2008 then please let me know. Purchased our LR3 about six weeks ago and they have 20's on them.

tdhunter13

Observer
Thanks everyone.

If anyone has any 18" stock Land Rover LR3 wheels that will fit a 2008 then please let me know. Purchased our LR3 about six weeks ago and they have 20's on them.

I have two of these for sale, HERE , price is negotiable. I personally believe these are the best looking stock option and are even better looking in black, which are how mine are. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

zelatore

Explorer
I got a set of 5 of these guys, suffered from the same problem. Put BFG KO2s (265/65-18) on it and they work perfect, cant remember the offsets but they sit awesome and have no issues for rubbing etc.

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=slalom&fn=gloss+gunmetal

Also have them in a silver

https://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo.aspx?wn=slalom&fn=gloss+silver&dm=18&bp=5x120

Couldn't justify the price for anything else and the wait times were ridiculous. Depending where you go you can probably pick them up for cheaper. For the price tag couldn't complain, and would buy them again. Probably will when i build my trailer to have a matching set.

Curious to know if that wheel is hub-centric like the OEM? I've seen plenty of generic aftermarket wheels that claim to fit based only on lug pattern but few that are actually hub centric. Just pop over to ebay and you'll find any number of wheels that 'claim' to fit. They also claim to fit about 100 other makes/models at the same time. All they are doing is going by the lug pattern and the rest is up to you. You'll also notice almost all of those will be some off-brand wheel you've never heard of. You pay your money, you take your chances...

I've never heard of fastwheels and don't know if they are a manufacturer or reseller; if they build their own wheels or just outsource to China; etc. Could be the best ever or could be another 'fashion' brand ... I just don't know. I do know the model you linked to looks remarkably like the OEM 18" though - which is a good thing in my book as I happen to like the flat-spoke 18" wheel.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I just ordered a set of
BLACK RHINO WARLORD 18x8.0 5/120 ET35 MATTE GUNMETAL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GSUM0FS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_S1Qdyb0SZACZF

I know some fullsize guys who run them and they are some stout rims.
The only difference between them and stock rims is the backspacing is 35 mm instead of 45 mm. I have personally spoke with the company and I should have no issues clearing the brake calibers and the tires should not stick out more then an half an inch if that.

Last edited:

Derel1cte

Adventurer
I just ordered a set of
BLACK RHINO WARLORD 18x8.0 5/120 ET35 MATTE GUNMETAL

I know some fullsize guys who run them and they are some stout rims.
The only difference between them and stock rims is the backspacing is 35 mm instead of 45 mm. I have personally spoke with the company and I should have no issues clearing the brake calibers and the tires should not stick out more then an half an inch if that.

Are they Hub centric? If yes, are you going to need hubrings to get them to the correct 72.56? The amazon page makes no mention.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Are they Hub centric? If yes, are you going to need hubrings to get them to the correct 72.56? The amazon page makes no mention.

Yeah that's Amazon. I called the company prior to ordering. They come with the rings to make them hub centric. Should have them mounted up tomorrow evening.

DVD

Adventurer
If you have some patience you can usually find some classifieds here or on craigslist. But a set of 5 is more challenging. A few yrs ago, I had to buy two sets of 4 and then 3 to get 5, but the 3 were a steal, so I could sell the other 2 pretty easily. All the same, it was a hassle to be in the wheel business.
I've heard the suggestion to find an LR3 with 18s on a used car lot and offer a free upgrade swap for your 20s. Good luck and good priority to get the 18s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier