Arb 50qt vs CFZ-65dzus for jku

jktowhere

Observer
I am torn between these two models. Thy boht fit the jku but I'm asking myself if the added space and freezer option is worth it for the 65? I plan for this to last for years so I want to make the rights choice. 2 people. 2-5 day trips at a time. What would you do?

jktowhere

Observer
Or I guess do people wish they had more space then the arb 50qt and you felt it was ok for burger patties etc etc that prefer to be frozen?

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
65DZUS is pretty big!

I have no personal experience with the ARB 50QT. I do have the Dometic CFX-65DZUS. It's huge! Two people 5 days would not be an issue. It actually has 3 zones, with storage above the compressor assembly being slightly warmer than fridge temp.
Just be aware, it really is big!
Part of that "big" is in depth, so "stacking strategy" is important, and having the ability to reach down into it. This is part of why I have it mounted on the passenger side rear floor.

In that last picture, the raised floor is 9" above the rear floor of the Jeep, and the fridge is sitting down on the center hump.
So while I really like having the dual zone, before buying, I'd make a cardboard box to "simulate" it sitting in the Jeep. Engel makes a nice 50Qt Dual Zone as well.
If I remember right jandymendo (member name on this forum), has the Engel 50qt dual zone, and may be a good person to PM for more info on actual usage. He's a straight shooter.

Not trying to warn you off, as I am very happy with the 65DZUS, but it does take up a lot of real estate.

Good luck with you choice! :beer:

Attachments

• Ice-Cream-man.jpg
    Ice-Cream-man.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Fridge-in-jeep-from-back.jpg
    Fridge-in-jeep-from-back.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Fridge-open.jpg
    Fridge-open.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Fridge-in-jeep-open.jpg
    Fridge-in-jeep-open.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Hard-Top-rear-access.jpg
    Hard-Top-rear-access.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 23

tarditi

Explorer
I have the ARB50 and never use the freeze function - fridge is ample for family of 4 for several days, especially if you only chill drinks as needed. I never had the need for that much frozen stuff - either room-temp storage or refrigerated (can buy diff non-frozen ground beef for burgers, for instance).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior