1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 with only 32k miles on it for $6400

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I would just remind folks not to always believe what you read!

These types of ads are VERY Suspect to me.

Look at the background of the picture and the Minn. License Plate. Yet this is posted in L.A.

Sure it could be a pic from this past spring and he bought it from a guy in Minn.

But there are also crooks out there using Craigslist to scam people out of their money buy posting up a great deal that isn't real (and I'm a poet and don't know it!). You wire the money to some 3rd party and never see the truck or your money again!

They also use Craigslist to get your email address......for some other purpose.

Remember to be very careful and ask ALL the right questions......if he has trouble answering or his story keeps changing......RUN!

If the Deal is for Real............I would buy it!

~signed poetic "SWR" ......;)

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I agree...

I'm not in the market right now...but if something's too good to be be true.....then it probably is too good to be true. I'm very weary of making big purchases online.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I just sent the guy an email...........

I Promise............If I can pick it up for $6,400..........

I will offer it to any member on this board for just $14,995.....:ylsmoke:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
It's probably B.S.

I've been following that Cruiser over on Yotatech since last December, since the real owner first went to look at it. He'd been trying to sell it for $20K, and it was on eBay for awhile.

Oops scratch the probably. I just got a PM from the real owner -

"Originally Posted by kcowyo

Hey Amir-

Did you sell your Cruiser?

Saw this listing on craigslist with your old pics....

Just wondering if it is yours that you sold or a fake ad.

Thanks -

- K.C."

"who is this son of a **********!!!! thanks a lot man for bringing that to my attention. although the ebay auction ended close to 12, the bastard of a high bidder couldnt get a loan for it, so it completely wasted my time. so i might put it up for sale again in a month or so, im really busy for the next month, getting married and all.
that is definitely not my ad. thanks again, i will contact craigslist asap regarding it.

-Amir"

Yup. Complete and total BS. It is a beautiful Cruiser though....

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Scenic WonderRunner said:
I just sent the guy an email...........

I Promise............If I can pick it up for $6,400..........

I will offer it to any member on this board for just $14,995.....:ylsmoke:

SWR, as a favor to the real owner, you may want to let him know what you hear (if you hear back) from the person who listed the ad.

I can give you his contact info or you can PM him at Yotatech.com under "Amir904"

Good call on the ad likely being bogus - :ar15:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I'm sorry .....

I was wrong!

That's .......New York License Plates!

Looks very much like Minn. from a distance.

No answer back as of yet.

nypl8s.jpg

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Wow, there are some good detectives on this site :clapsmile . Glad I didn't waste my time.........

so what the hell is going on? Some guy copied Amir's pictures and is selling another "look-alike"? Did he think someone wouldn't look at the odometer or something?

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I'm trying to get pics of the plates off Amir's SmugMug site over at Yotatech......but it keeps freezing my page when I click on it. Can anybody else pull up Amir's pics?

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Scenic WonderRunner said:
I'm trying to get pics of the plates off Amir's SmugMug site over at Yotatech......but it keeps freezing my page when I click on it. Can anybody else pull up Amir's pics?

Those plates were from the original owners in NY. He bought it from an old couple in upsate NY, but he lives in Boston. Probably registered with Mass tags by now....

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Thanks KC........

I was hoping to compare license plates by zooming in on the liars pics. It's too distorted.

But the liars pics are so obviously Amir's pics/truck that it doesn't matter about the plate number!

So........can we report this kind of ad to the District Atty's Office in L.A. .....>? Would they even care?

I've been seeing so many fake ads like this with crazy prices lately.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Hey Wait!...........

This might be a good thing!

Maybe somebody will try and sell my rig for me and put me outta my misery!!!!!!!!!........:luxhello:

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
the D.A. probably wouldn't even care...........but I don't really get it. So the guy lies about his land cruiser, he fools people into beleiving it's a great deal....then when they see it, their angry and dissapointed. How does he benefit? Would someone buy it unseen? Or would someone give him credit card info? It seems so unlikely

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Ryanmb21 said:
the D.A. probably wouldn't even care...........but I don't really get it. So the guy lies about his land cruiser, he fools people into beleiving it's a great deal....then when they see it, their angry and dissapointed. How does he benefit? Would someone buy it unseen? Or would someone give him credit card info? It seems so unlikely

He is trying to defraud you out of your money!

He has NO truck...........just tries to fool the unsuspecting buyer into giving him money before he supplies a truck and paperwork.

You are so excited about getting this great deal on a truck you have always wanted, that you let your guard down.

Once he has your money..........he is gone and you will never find him.

Typical old world Gypsy tactics!

Just think how happy the Gypsy would be if he got 20 different guys to only give him 50% down for now because "the truck is on the way".....!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles