Looking for a random nylon/plastic bit in the lower tailgate

wchane

Have no idea what this piece is called, and have already spoke to Atlantic British about it. They mentioned my best hope is at a junk yard - hoping someone has one to sell.

This nylon piece fits on the end of the metal rod in the lower tailgate and attaches to the left latch mechanism. It keeps the rod 'clipped' into the pull that actuates the latch that keeps the tailgate in place when closed. Let me know if you have one, or where I should look for one (there are no junkyards around me).

Also, open to ideas. Haven't tried anything yet, but the fit is rather tight in there.

30202369950_abaede4806_b.jpg

29868693143_22e2499717_b.jpg

Thanks!

zelatore

Explorer
Try giving Graeme a call at RoverWare: http://www.roverware.us/

He may not have it in stock, but he can get much more stuff than what he has on his website. He's also local to you - just down by San Carlos.

I know he just got back from a trip to the middle east so he may be a bit behind, but he knows his way around these sort of things.

Tell him Don sent you...then come on by and visit the NCLR site! :)

www.norcalrovers.org

wchane

Dave - Yes, it's for a 91 RRC Hunter. Thanks a bunch I'm going to give Graeme a call and hopefully he could help. Also found a 90 RRC at the PnP off Monterey Road. Going to hit that up tomorrow.

Will have to jump on NCLR at some point. Ran into a Chris Solis while out at Hollister earlier this year. That was within the first 24 hours of acquisition, it's changed quite a bit since.

azarmadillo

Adventurer
I have a 1991 Hunter for parts (personal spare parts). That part isn't really unique to the Hunter, any 1990, 1991, 1992 and perhaps 1987-1989 and 1993-1994 should have that same part. And I have two tailgates I can get the part from. Call me in the morning between 7 and 9AM PDT and we can talk about it. 480-363-2648.

wchane

Hey azarmadillo - this morning got the best of me. Let me run through the truck and figure out just what parts I need - and if you're willing to part I'd be grateful.

Bests,
w

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior