ARB having trouble maintain lowest temperature?

caideN

Just received my 50qt ARB Fridge Freezer. I don't have a trip planned at the moment so I plugged it in at home to use as a freezer. I set the temperature to 0 degrees F and I've noticed the compressor is on more than its not. It has been about 20 hours and almost every time I go check on it, the compressor is running.

Does it need more time? Is the ARB not meant to be a freezer? My home temperature is in the low 60s.

Normal? Is something wrong?

1MK

ExploreDesert
Do you have anything inside it or is it empty?

Air is lot harder to keep cold then liquids and solids.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Just received my 50qt ARB Fridge Freezer. I don't have a trip planned at the moment so I plugged it in at home to use as a freezer. I set the temperature to 0 degrees F and I've noticed the compressor is on more than its not. It has been about 20 hours and almost every time I go check on it, the compressor is running.

Does it need more time? Is the ARB not meant to be a freezer? My home temperature is in the low 60s.

Normal? Is something wrong?

How long did you let it settle before plugging it in? I'm not sure if the ARB is like this or not, but with most fridges you have to let it sit flat for a bit to allow the refrigerant to settle down from shipping.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
At -18*c / 0*f it should Come on for about 14 to 16 +/- minutes and then turn off for about 45 to 56 minutes, @ 4*c OR 39.2*f it will Come on for about between 9 to 12 minutes and stay off for about 95 minutes to 100 minutes +/-.,, So try it at those temperatures, first off if it is reading -18*c / 0*f then let it sit wide open without the food in it and do the above test, NOTE, You will have a longer Run time and a longer OFF time on the first of this Cycle, but after that the cycles should be close to those above, Basing those times although using AC supply, Remembering that on 12v the 47L will draw 5.1 Amps per Hour, But when you convert those run times to they would be equal to about half an Amp per Hour.

Hope this helps, J

TwinStick

Explorer
What I do when plugged into 120v power: I run one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Optimus-F-4040-4-Personal-Metal-Fan/25209563 or one of these: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Comfort-Zone-CZHV9B-9-in-3-Speed-High-Velocity-Cradle-Fan/21784130 , to assist the built in fan. Has zero trouble maintaining -1*F even on 95*+ days. Yes, it is much harder to cool empty vs full. I hope it will help my 2 ARB fridges last longer by doing this. They have been plugged in since I got them almost 2 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke