Defender 90?

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Hmmm these sure are interesting 110's, and it looks like in Africa they have the 130's:

Defender130DC.JPG

I Like the 2.5 Turbo Diesel though!

pangaea

Adventurer
flyingwil said:
...and it looks like in Africa they have the 130's:

They also have the coveted Defender 147... Factory conversion that we spotted outside Chobe NP a couple of years ago.

defender147.jpg

Aubrey

Observer
Found the site today via a long detour ...... from Africa so miss large trucks but have Defenders ...images of current 3 .....

The 110

ruby%20019.jpg

and two 90's

grizzly%20001.jpg

zulub.jpg

Aubrey

Observer
pangaea said:
They also have the coveted Defender 147... Factory conversion that we spotted outside Chobe NP a couple of years ago.

Very few of the 147's around. Basis is a 130 that is stretched and a third row of seats added. All powered by a 2500cc turbo diesel 5 cyl (Td5)

Break over angle is horrible and not much good off-road cause of that.

Scott Brady

Founder
Aubrey,

Your 110 is fantastic! I passed a 2.5 110 two days ago in Prescott, AZ. For us in the USA, seeing a diesel (or any) Defender is like spotting a rare orchid. We get all excitted, fumble for our cameras, and dream of days not spent staring at a computer...

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Aubrey, That is a very nice 90, but I love the 110! that is one beautiful truck. Pretty much all the 110's you see here in AZ are white. It looks good in color. Beautiful!

Aubrey

Observer
Thanx for the kind words ...... full specs on them here .... Aubrey Home

All prepared for either off road or the 110 for expedition ...not in the same mould

The one little 90 runs a 300bhp supercharger ..... not diesel. We had them for a while in SA with the BMW 328i motor as standard. Would have replaced the V8 but then Ford bought LR :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles