M2 Freightliner Ambulance Conversion Project. 2007 Crew Cab

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
One thing I have learned teaching people about reliability and heavy equipment maintenance around the world is "start with the cheap, easy and obvious before going into the obscure, challenging and expensive".

My approach for this will be.
1- EGR valve and temp sensor with no readings (is the engine getting "de-fueled" by the error code).
2- exhaust brake (has one fitted but no switch and even though it is free I don't know what signal it is getting while running. Maybe watch it with a go pro).
3- fuel pressure, supply, aeration (and change the filters again just in case they stuffed it up).
4- valve adjustment (this probably should be number 1).
5- blow by testing (more than visual, crankcase pressure testing).
6- Injector swap or just have the lot of them tested/cleaned/refurbished.
7- Panic and start on the cylinders/heads and hope for the best.
8- Look for an 8.3 Cummins :)

Maybe somewhere in there I might fit in deleting the EGR.

But currently it is running well enough to get me through the next few months and the work I need to do to it for RV registration. So

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Just skip to step number 8 and problem solved.:elkgrin:

Actually there is a 2015 Freightliner based RV rollover coming up for auction. 8.3 with 16,000 miles. Hmmmm!!!! :drool:

DPF delete and away I go!! Plus all the canbus modules as spares. Something to seriously consider.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Actually there is a 2015 Freightliner based RV rollover coming up for auction. 8.3 with 16,000 miles. Hmmmm!!!! :drool:

Bevan, if you get this and it has LED side scene work lights, and you don't want them, I call first dibs! :agree:

Oh wait, after re-reading this I see this is an RV and not an ambulance right?

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
You are a glutton for punishment...:sombrero:

So which rig is getting the MRAP axles? Big Red or Old Yeller?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Big Red gets the axles. Old Yella gets sold off to fund the insanity.

And the RV is a front and interior burn so I am suspecting not too many other spares.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
The truck delivered the sofa's today. Don't know how I am supposed to get them into the garage by myself. Hopefully they will still be there in the morning.

2a7c37311fce80e9a2ec0491445123e7.jpg

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Push em, pull em, whatever I guess. Comealong or a winch and snatch block would be handy...not as handy as a forklift but still...

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Push em, pull em, whatever I guess. Comealong or a winch and snatch block would be handy...not as handy as a forklift but still...

Nah they will be OK over night. We are on acreage so a little way back from the road and I have been know to leave the old sidecar out overnight with the keys in it. :Wow1: But if I turn the outside lights off no one will even see them. (plus I would need to clear out enough space in the garage. All the stuff out of my containers was put in there while I was re-positioning them.)

patoz

Expedition Leader
Bevan, are you putting two beds in the back, or do they make one bed together? Or is one of them for the cab rear seat area?

rlrenz

Explorer
Same "sofa" question -- this is the first time you've mentioned sofas, other than a long time ago when you commented that you could put a sofa in the cab behind the driver's/passenger's seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94