I keep watching this Montero video

snare

Adventurer
It is actually clear.

[video]https://youtu.be/qBGfodEGLt4[/video]

Excellent stuff from the folks at Adventure Driven Design.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I didn't make the video but I bent a draglink not a panhard rod, he asked me what the carnage was at the end of the day and I guess that's what I said when I rattled off the list. I did hit my stock panhard rod, I don't think it got bent much though.

Also the 3.15 T-case and Detroit front locker are already sold and wheeling without them made me realize I need to get a compressor for my air locker and a 4:1 T-case QUICK!!!

Toasty

Thanks, they are replica TE37s. We'll see how they hold up, my last wheels were forged and these are cast so they might not be up to the task

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Toasty, why did the second Monty flex so much more than the 3rd Monty? Besides 35's vs 37's, were there other suspension differences?

Toasty

Toasty, why did the second Monty flex so much more than the 3rd Monty? Besides 35's vs 37's, were there other suspension differences?

Only difference is shocks and lift, the green 1994 has 2" coil spacers and we both have 9" shocks but they are slightly different extended length. On the Blue '99 I have 0" lift and remote reservoir shocks and that takes up some room for rod length I guess, we are both going to go to 10" shocks next as we both have a little more room to stretch out.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Only difference is shocks and lift, the green 1994 has 2" coil spacers and we both have 9" shocks but they are slightly different extended length. On the Blue '99 I have 0" lift and remote reservoir shocks and that takes up some room for rod length I guess, we are both going to go to 10" shocks next as we both have a little more room to stretch out.

it was mostly in the front that I was seeing the difference. You're rig was doing wheelies, and the Green 1994 was tiptoeing through. There was a little bit of difference in the skinny pedal to account for some of that, but generally, I was pretty impressed with the Green one's level stance despite the terrain. My rig does wheelies just pulling in and out of my driveway :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke