Rattle can is out, Vinyl Wrap is in. Digital Camo Vinyl wrap on my K30Blazer

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Looks great to me. I'm thinking about wrapping the bottom half of my truck with flat black vinyl after I get some rust work repaired.

The wraps help a ton. Our service trucks look new when we peel the "billboards" off. Stuff fades a little, and peels, tears, etc. etc. But you just peel it back and apply it again. The overlaps aren't really noticeable if you stand back a few feet. It's way better than rock chips and pin stripes. The good vinyl is extra, and less effected by UV. Orecal IIRC?

http://www.orafol.com/gp/americas/e...lsid/items/oracal-970ra-premium-wrapping-cast

When I buy a new truck, I'd likely do the same thing to protect it. Don't care if I don't get it perfect. Wrap shops around here charge top dollar, and the wraps always have flaws. Gaps, or spots where the wrap wasn't pushed down across a bump and there's a huge bubble. No idea what my company pays for it, hopefully not what I've been quoted. Seriously, we're not talking about skilled master auto body guys. Their best wrap guy was licking the shops front window. Car show quality wraps cost $3000, because to get each panel done without any flaws is nearly impossible. Don't pay that. Do it yourself.

So it's a DIY job for sure. I can spend $600 for a flawed DIY job, or I can pay $1300 for a flawed job from a crack head washout auto body guy. The results aren't going to be much different. Except when it's DIY, you have all the time in the world to at least try to get it "OK".

Last edited:

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Looks good. Great build. The only thing that makes my OCD kick in, is that the door camo pattern is 90 degrees to the fenders...

Watched a bunch of your videos the other night when I couldn't sleep. Gonna be spending some time on the diy4x site now that I bought an '83 K10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94